HWBOT Community Forums

The official G.SKILL OC World Cup 2014 Qualifier thread.

Massman

The overal ranking is not correct now. I think Massman will correct it as soon as he will be online :)

We wwait we wait

The only one can say 8pack mem is not retail is gskill, already sent an email to them.

Edited by Hiwa

Well done guys, it was a lot of fun to watch scores fly in with the last 15 minutes to go :D

Things got interesting with the score being removed so we'll see what happens, but either way I will be in Taipei and see you dudes all the same!

I have been removed and you have not even asked GSKILL. I would check with Frank before removing a valid submission. Hiwa is completely correct. SO I ask again why have I been removed when not one of you has confirmation from GSKILL of this? As far as I am concerned the sticks are fine.

Well done to Splave only the string survive ;)

Edited by 8 Pack

• Crew

Everyone just hold for the time being, this needs to be discussed between HWBOT and GSKILL before any final decisions are made

Dont worry about what currently is removed or not removed, no final decisions have been made yet

pro

Just checked with G.SKILL and we confirmed 8 Pack's kit is purchased and retail.
Nothing against 8-Pack, but if G.Skill claim that this is a retail kit, can we see any official mention of this model or link to any webshop where it was available at or before the start of competition?

Nothing against 8-Pack, but if G.Skill claim that this is a retail kit, can we see any official mention of this model or link to any webshop where it was available at or before the start of competition?

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4620/ivy_bridge_high_speed_ram_run_with_g_skill_pc3_20800_2666mhz_ripjawsz/index.html

F3-2666C10D-GBZHD

In 8 Pack's kit the 'B' is left out because the naming scheme has been updated to be shorter. Same for new TridentX kits (eg: http://gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c7d-16gtx)

Before mudslinging, despite the fact that the article starts with

"We don't want to get into too much detail on the new G.Skill kit we're looking at today because for starters it's not yet released"

It was posted in 2012.

The article has word "unreleased" all over it and I, personally, have never ever seen this kit in the wild or on the shelf in US, EU or Asia.

If G.Skill accept the sub it's their call. Won't be the first or last competition with definition of "retail" messed up.

Anything on the lucky draw? :)

The article has word "unreleased" all over it and I, personally, have never ever seen this kit in the wild or on the shelf in US, EU or Asia.

If G.Skill accept the sub it's their call. Won't be the first or last competition with definition of "retail" messed up.

Anything on the lucky draw? :)

Straight vaporware in the US but it might have been retail in the EU or UK for a brief period like the 2400 c8s.