HWBOT Community Forums

Ardamir - Radeon RX 480 @ 1539/2250MHz - 2839 Points Unigine Superposition - 1080P Xtreme

Guest Ardamir

I will get you a photo tommorow since im away from home at the moment. Just the stock cooler with a couple of 140mm fans giving it more airflow and cooling the backplate. An amazing sample really. 1.22V for that freq. Gonna put it under DICE in the future and see where I can get with this chip.

It's really sad though that my R5 1400 is such a bad bin. Barely even does 4GHz and at other benches it holds me back greatly :/ 
Well.... I still can get 1st place in 8k superposition I guess.

Guest Ardamir

Altough I would try to push higher with air, I really can't cause for some reason ATIflash doesnt work with the most recent update of Windows 10 :/
I have tried DOS flashing too, but that gave me an error and I don't really have time these days to search for a solution.

If you know a workaround please let me know!

FYI, I'm using 10 because I can't touch the BCLK or the PCI-E bus clock on this motherboard. I don't even know why it doesn't have it as an option, but I guess it works out!

Edited by Ardamir

Guest Ardamir
9 hours ago, AutisticChris said:

I'd be more than happy to trade 480s! lol

(maybe +$50 or with my old 270)

Oh trust me, I wouldnt sell or trade that chip for any kind of money :P
It's maybe the best, or at least one of the best RX 480's that have been made.

The photos as promised! Running without the fan's right now because I'm not OC'ing anymore. I have an older one though but with a different mobo/cpu, I can upload it too if you want.

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

#MG_1081.JPG

Guest Ardamir
39 minutes ago, AutisticChris said:

Hit that 480 with some modded timings. While they're usually used for mining, they can boost performance a bit in benchmarks and gaming as well. You already have a 480 that beats nearly every 580, you might as well put on the cherry on top.

Can't BIOS mod, as I said earlier :/ 
ATI flash isn't working in Windows and neither in DOS. I'm setting up another PC for my gf though, so I will try to flash it from there when I get the PSU ( it's the last part I'm waiting for)