HWBOT Community Forums

Processor specifications requests : Mobile Sempron fixes

Strunkenbold

• Crew

Ok I think I got the idea behind this. ;) But when I enter in the quick search what CPU-Z gives me I will never find those cpus in the db. As Im typing in Sempron than i.e. 2800+ I always get those Athlon XP one's. Isnt it enough that we distinguish them by core name?

• Crew

the searchbar in the right upper corner on the main page only shows the first 10 results and there are too many 2800+ cpus to show.

therefor just go by "sempron 64 2800" when searching. that's why we have the "64" in the names. :)

• Crew

Currently there are just two more results when I enter "Sempron 2800+" in the searchbar. Its quite the opposite when I enter "64 2800+", I got 10+ results.

Really, your doing the user no favor by putting a synthetic "64" in the middle of a official product name. Actually this needs to be removed for any Sempron, not just the mobile ones.

• Crew

Please imagine people who want to submit and dont know our db by heart. They look up for what CPU-Z tells them. So take for our example "Sempron 2800+ Palermo". They enter Sempron 2800+ in the submit form. Two results appear, both Athlon XP one's- seems that this arent the right one's. Next enter just Sempron, damn over 10 results, ok than 2800+, damn also over 10 results. They end up looking in db for them self.

This extra "64" in the names has no advantage. For what should it be good for? We already have a name scheming for cases like this. Core name in brackets is enough. Also implying not existing cpu extensions is simply plain wrong and just another reason for removing "64" in those names...