HWBOT Community Forums

Software or bios for BCLK

flashdash

Does anyone have software recommendations for BCLK overclocking? I'm trying to BCLK overclock my i5-6600 for cpu frequency, but have a pretty locked down bios (Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 on f22f). XTU works for changing voltage and BCLK, but I don't see any way to disable specific cores. Is there any windows software that can do that, or do you need a motherboard/bios that lets you disable some of the cores?

There is some way to disable some cores (https://hwbot.org/submission/3671687_alibabar_cpu_frequency_core_i5_6600_5868.46_mhz has only 2 cores), but IDK if it can be done through software or requires a different motherboard.

Launch the Task Manager and go to the Details tab. Look for the process you wish to modify the affinity, and right-click it. Click on Set affinity in the Context Menu. From the Process affinity window, you can select the cores you wish the process to limit to, and uncheck the boxes next to the rest.
Also an idea to check which are your fastest cores  to use.
Some will be faster than others ?
Edited by paul051261

Guest hammertone
On 6/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, flashdash said:

Does anyone have software recommendations for BCLK overclocking? I'm trying to BCLK overclock my i5-6600 for cpu frequency, but have a pretty locked down bios (Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 on f22f). XTU works for changing voltage and BCLK, but I don't see any way to disable specific cores. Is there any windows software that can do that, or do you need a motherboard/bios that lets you disable some of the cores?

There is some way to disable some cores (https://hwbot.org/submission/3671687_alibabar_cpu_frequency_core_i5_6600_5868.46_mhz has only 2 cores), but IDK if it can be done through software or requires a different motherboard.

Skylake non k bioses you mean so you can get up to the specific 103 limit. check in here. Also other sites offer them.

Simple as a search. " Skylake non K bios " google

Cannot say if your motherboard supports it. Back then this method used in XTU bench roll the dice crapshoot. 

ShaNe

I think he asked about affinity ?

Seems like he can change base clock through XTU.

103 is pretty much the limit on normal BIOS/settings in Windows.

"There is some way to disable some cores (https://hwbot.org/submission/3671687_alibabar_cpu_frequency_core_i5_6600_5868.46_mhz has only 2 cores), but IDK if it can be done through software or requires a different motherboard."

Edited by paul051261

Guest hammertone

Wants to make a locked processor go faster. Other stuff? I'm not reading an instruction manual for him.

Found info in under 1 minute. 

Guest hammertone

Now he can search himself on the info. Here's the Asus one back in 2015 with all the unlock shenanigans going on