HWBOT Community Forums

Fx-6200 unable to go above 4400

boobteg4642

Hi. I'm trying to find the right Vcore to set an fx-6200 above 4400mhz. I'm overclocking only using the mulitiplier at the moment, memory overclcoking is messy. CPU-NB is at 2200, HT-link is 2600. The board doesnt like to go above 1866mhz on the memory, even though it says it supports 2133mhz. Plus I wouldn't know where to set voltages for higher CPU-NB settings and HT-link if I increase the FSB. Although is says Ht link is safe up to 3200mhz, I dont even know the stock voltage on the HTlink so I wouldnt know where to start. Plus I don't know if HTlink CPU-NB and memory should all be raised equally via the FSB or seperatly.. The memory timings autoadjust to the frequency of the memory. Right now their 9-9-9-24 at 1600mhz. I've just seen other overclockers be able to keep stable at above 4400 and wondering how. Cooling is not an issue, liquid everything. Under load i hit like 45 celcius. Thank you for the help.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

You need to start upping the CPU voltage if you want to go any higher than that. That would be a good place to start. :)

Even though your motherboard might support higher frequencies on the RAM, your CPU must be able to do it too. It may need a bit more voltage in that respect as well.