HWBOT Community Forums

Processor specifications requests : Rename/Move CPU subfamilies

Antinomy

• Crew

Ticket ID: 1084

Priority: High

http://hwbot.org/browseHardwareProcessors.do?cpuSubFamilyId=125\r\nAs one can see, the two-digit frequency CPUs are after three-digit. E.g. the Pentium 60 is after Pentium 200. Try to add an extra space there in order to shift them up.\r\n\r\nMove this category: http://hwbot.org/browseHardwareProcessors.do?cpuSubFamilyId=127\r\nfrom Pentium 1 to Pentium 2 since Ppro is based on a new P6 architecture.\r\n\r\nRename the \"Intel-AMD 386\" into \"80386\" and \"Intel-AMD 486\" into \"80486\" - there were not only AMD/Intel but also Chips, Cyrix, IBM, TI, ST, UMC and other vendors.\r\n\r\nAlso, remove the \"i\" in the beginning of i486 CPUs - for the same reason. And it makes them being aligned in the proper way. The exception is the Overdrive CPU - only Intel produced these.

• Crew

Wow, that's exactly how I'd like it to be :)

Thanks again. I hope you agree that this way it looks better.

There's only one small bug - the Pentium Pro is after Pentium 2 Celeron. If it's possible, move it to the first place in the group as the predecessor.

• Crew
Wow, that's exactly how I'd like it to be :)

Thanks again. I hope you agree that this way it looks better.

There's only one small bug - the Pentium Pro is after Pentium 2 Celeron. If it's possible, move it to the first place in the group as the predecessor.

yeah i tried to change that order as well, but i doesn't work. i will look deeper into it.

• Crew

I think there are either spacers or other invisible symbols in Pentium 2 and Pentium 2 Xeon (otherwise, the letter "P" of Ppro would be after the number 2).

Try to copy the line "Pentium 2 " - with both spacers from "Pentium 2 Celeron" and paste in Pentium 2 and Pentium 2 Xeon. I hope this tip helps you.