HWBOT Community Forums

MSI A88X G45 Gaming

Jumper118

How are you suppose to set the volatage properly on this board. i've just booted at 5ghz on an athlon x2 370k with 1.45+0.100000 in the bios, but when i get into the bios cpuz reads 1.7v!!! so i go back out of windows into the bios thinking cpuz is wrong and its now saying 1.708v+0.10000000? on my asus a88xm plus if i choose 1.45+0.1 its 1.55v in windows...............

edit. i have updated the bios. its still random, but its only 1.665v now which is much better.

Edited by Jumper118

Why don't you just set the voltage you want? It may work better when you aren't trying to use an offset.

i dont think you can just set the voltage. i think it only has offset. its driving me mad :( another thing i can't work out is why i can't get my athlon x4 740 stable at 4.2ghz when my asus a88xm plus was fine with it at 4.3ghz

Guest TheMadDutchDude

What happens to the voltage under load? The last MSI motherboards I used, which included a Z77 GD65 and a 990FX GD80, did not have LLC so the voltage was all over the place.

What happens to the voltage under load? The last MSI motherboards I used, which included a Z77 GD65 and a 990FX GD80, did not have LLC so the voltage was all over the place.

this doesn't have LLC but its seems to stay fairly constant. i have disabled all the c states and power saving features.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I didn't think it would have LLC to be entirely honest with you.

What sort of fluctuations do you get? Are they big enough to perhaps cause the instability or are they within a margin of error?