HWBOT Community Forums

BIOS optimalization - sharing tips

Since I did not managed to find any bios explaining guide, that focus purely on speed, I hope to build it there, with the help of others ;)

There are some good guides, tough, such as:

Asus BIOS overclocking guide:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2585-ASUS-Crosshair-V-Formula-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking

Now what settings I get confirmed from experienced other user, that I edit back as confirmed recommended setting:

Enhanced Halt State - allow better power saving - for speed IMHO disable?

Intel Virtualization Technology - allow HW assisted virtualization, dunno for what Win this is necessary and ho idea about speed?

CPU Thermal Throttling - "cooling" of the CPU by stoping it - for speed IMHO disble?

No-Execute Memory Protection - allow VMM assisted protection of parts of memory - for speed IMHO disable?

Hyper Threading Technology - allow system to see one core as two - for speed IMHO enable?

Intel SpeedStep - allow dynamic changes to CPU clock and voltages - for speed IMHO disable?

On-Demand Clock Modulation - allow realtime changes between clock throttling levels - for speed IMHO disable?

Spread Spectrum - mudulating clock to reduce EMI = bad for overclock - disable