HWBOT Community Forums

Pentium D 930 Oc - Help!

AndreVC

good, I have a pentium d 930 @ stock and a board MSI975X Platinum (MS-7246), memories 667 or 533 mhz not sure.

I wanted to do OC, but the board does not change voltages and so I can go to 3.2 ghz, I have stock cooler.

what should I change in bios, the level of memories, memories of voltages and so? liked for it to 3.5 ghz at least, possible?

thanks

• Crew
good, I have a pentium d 930 @ stock and a board MSI975X Platinum (MS-7246), memories 667 or 533 mhz not sure.

I wanted to do OC, but the board does not change voltages and so I can go to 3.2 ghz, I have stock cooler.

what should I change in bios, the level of memories, memories of voltages and so? liked for it to 3.5 ghz at least, possible?

thanks

i quoted it for you, gamer. ;)

Thx,

But how is it possible I can's see the topicstart ?

@ Andre,

Make sure you cooling is up for the task.

Change CPU voltage in little steps, and up the fsb.

Once you get a no boot or BSOD, up the vcore again.

Make sure your ram can follow your fsb, if not, change it to the lowest possible setting.

Check google, you will find what you need.

Edited by Gamer

• Crew
Thx,

i think that's a bug. @ my workingplace i also can't see the first posts sometimes (IE 8). maybe it's a browser related problem.

butr i found a workaround -> just look at the "printable version" of the thread and you'll always see the first post. :)

http://www.hwbot.org/forum/printthread.php?t=14170

Thx,

@ Andre,

Make sure you cooling is up for the task.

Change CPU voltage in little steps, and up the fsb.

Once you get a no boot or BSOD, up the vcore again.

Make sure your ram can follow your fsb, if not, change it to the lowest possible setting.

Check google, you will find what you need.

my board has the function to change the vcore I was wondering if the RAM's changing things could ever go further ..

because I only get to 220 fsb then crashes

• Crew
Thx,

LOL, don't use IE :D this bug has already been discussed.

AndreVC if you have a stock cooler, you won't be able to go far. And you shouldn't increase the voltage on the CPU. If you make a S&M (stress test) run, you can see how far CPU temperature goes. I think it's pretty much even at 3.2GHz.

Check it first.

Run CPU-Z and check what's your memory setting now (the memory tab) and then - what it's labeled as (SPD tab).

• Crew
well I've seen videos on youtube with default vcore to make almost 4 ghz
Make doesn't meen "run 100% stable". And again, it's all about cooling. I don't think they got 4GHz stable on box cooler :)

Either it wasn't stable or it wasn't a box cooler. Or it was made using Russian winter :D

• 1 month later...

loosen up your timings to 5-5-5-15 and go 1 notch up from stock voltage start there. No one can really say for sure how to push further without more info. Maybe post bios screenshot. Could be your nb voltage or vtt there are alot of things to take into consideration. you should be able to push further, but like others have stated the stock cooler for those is terrible. That is an extremly hot chip. good luck