HWBOT Community Forums

[WTB] DDR4 kit with Samsung 4Gb D-die ICs

Don_Dan

• Crew

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a decent kit with Samsung K4A4G085WD-BCPB, a.k.a. D-die, ICs.

• dual or quad kit
  • high bin kit (3000 CL15, 3300/3400 CL16 etc.)
  • flawless optical and technical condition
  • original packaging

Must ship to Germany, payment via Paypal.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

What kind of price are you looking to pay? You can buy a brand new kit for £76 at memoryc.com. :)

I have a 4x4GB kit of 3400 CL16 Geil Super Luce. The Rampage V extreme really hated them so I never found the limit of the sticks(the bpard can't even load the XMP for them). I think the best I ran was 3333mhz 13-17-17-22-1T on 1.65ish. I have the original blister pack for all of them.

the geil should be hynix or?

I have't pulled of the heatsinks but I asked someone else who had them and they said D-die. Also from what I know about Hynix they should behave very differently from what I've seen. Hynix MFR should do 3000 15-15-15-34. There is no way in hell that you will get that working on these sticks. IIRC you can push the CL pretty low on my kit but Ras to Cas and Ras precharge need to be 17 or higher or it won't start at clocks from 3000 up.

• Crew
What kind of price are you looking to pay? You can buy a brand new kit for £76 at memoryc.com. :)

I'm looking for a good pretested kit, so the price will depend on the kit I can find.

I have a 4x4GB kit of 3400 CL16 Geil Super Luce. The Rampage V extreme really hated them so I never found the limit of the sticks(the bpard can't even load the XMP for them). I think the best I ran was 3333mhz 13-17-17-22-1T on 1.65ish. I have the original blister pack for all of them.

Is it the kit as shown here?

I've read a few reviews and all of them have trouble loading the XMP or getting the kit to work at the specified settings. On THG it says that the kit is only certified for Gigabyte’s X99 SOC Champion and MSI’s X99S XPower AC.

Did you test only on X99 or also on Z170?

the geil should be hynix or?

I have't pulled of the heatsinks but I asked someone else who had them and they said D-die. Also from what I know about Hynix they should behave very differently from what I've seen. Hynix MFR should do 3000 15-15-15-34. There is no way in hell that you will get that working on these sticks. IIRC you can push the CL pretty low on my kit but Ras to Cas and Ras precharge need to be 17 or higher or it won't start at clocks from 3000 up.

I haven't found any pictures of the kit without heatspreaders, but I think the specification of DDR4-3400 16-18-18-36 points at Samsung D-die.

I'm looking for a good pretested kit, so the price will depend on the kit I can find.

Is it the kit as shown here?

I've read a few reviews and all of them have trouble loading the XMP or getting the kit to work at the specified settings. On THG it says that the kit is only certified for Gigabyte’s X99 SOC Champion and MSI’s X99S XPower AC.

Did you test only on X99 or also on Z170?

I haven't found any pictures of the kit without heatspreaders, but I think the specification of DDR4-3400 16-18-18-36 points at Samsung D-die.

Yeah that's the kit. I only have the RVE for DDR4 stuff and XMP on the kit does not work with the board. It tries use 167BCLK to get the RAM up to speed and then falls flat on it's face when you save and restart. I did manage to get 3400 working on 1 or 2 sticks but quad channel was impossible. However that's the Rampage's fault. The board dropped channel C and D every so often with any kit of RAM. 3400 on this kit with 4 sticks was never doable. I wish I could test with the champ or a Z170 board but ATM I have neither.

• Crew
Yeah that's the kit. I only have the RVE for DDR4 stuff and XMP on the kit does not work with the board. It tries use 167BCLK to get the RAM up to speed and then falls flat on it's face when you save and restart. I did manage to get 3400 working on 1 or 2 sticks but quad channel was impossible. However that's the Rampage's fault. The board dropped channel C and D every so often with any kit of RAM. 3400 on this kit with 4 sticks was never doable. I wish I could test with the champ or a Z170 board but ATM I have neither.

I'm sorry, but since I never had luck with GeIL in the past and since this kit doesn't convince me either, I'm not interested in it anymore.

In the meantime I found a kit of Corsair Dominator Platinum Orange with results from both X99 and Z170, which should satisfy my needs.