HWBOT Community Forums

TerraRaptor - Core 2 Extreme QX9770 @ 4503MHz - 2783 points Cinebench - 2003

Mrmouse

I'm not sure what is wrong with it - you are just 18 points (-0.6%) behind though I have 10% advantage in bus/memory and my timings are also tighter. This was also a very good run (with results spreading from 2749 to 2784, with most falling into 2770-2778 range). Seems like CB2003 doesn't really care about bandwidth/latency - I was checking top CB2003 scores for LGA775 yesterday, almost no difference in efficiency between DDR/DDR2/DDR3. Another test that doesn't really fit low clock challenge.

9 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

[...] almost no difference in efficiency between DDR/DDR2/DDR3. Another test that doesn't really fit low clock challenge.

I was 'Brainstorming' when i saw, that some Guys get nearly that same Score with DDR1/DDR2 compared to DDR3.
There must be a little Effect on low Latency, even it's tiny. Maybe together with that One "Lucky-Round" ?

Of course i played a few Hours to tighten up the Ram-Timings; without Success.
With more tight Timings i started to get lower Scores ?
Somehow this Setup loves this Timings. So i messed with some other BIOS-Settings.
Was this that decisive Part? I don't know.

Hand on Heart - my biggest Backlog is Ram-Tuning.
In the last Decade i got more and more into Tweaking everything else than Memory (maybe that's the Point why my System could reach Scores like that).
But i'm still wondering that my 'Crappy'-System reached that.

But in the End; 1000 Roads lead to Rome.