HWBOT Community Forums

Rookie Overclocking 5950X on MSI MEG X570 Ace

gavinski

Hi Guys/Gals

So I'm new here, and thought I would introduce myself I have always been interested in overclocking and I work in the IT world, but overclocking is a very niche skill set, and I really could do with some help so ill start with my specs 

MSI MEG X570 ACE (ms-7c35)

AMD X5950X

VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit

MSI TRIO 3090

2 X Custom Loops with 2 X D5 Pumps 2 X Pacific RL360 Radiators 1x EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB AMD AM4 Nickel + Plexi CPU Water Block 1 x EK-Quantum Vector GeForce RTX 3080/3090 

2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB IN RAID 0

6x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB controlled by CoolerMaster-MASTERFAN ARGB AND PWM HUB

6 x CORSAIR iCUE QL120 RGB PWM controlled by Commander Pro

Corsair HX1200 PSU

Thermaltake CA-1H1-00F1WN-00 Tower 900 E-ATX Case with Tempered Glass Sides - Black

So far I have enabled XMP profile 2 and selected HW overclock Profile 4 out of 9 I believe if any one could point me to a guide with the MSI and CPU combo that would be great I'm just really interested in why we have to change the values we do but I'm getting confused with all the different boards terminologies for the same value any help would be much appreciated, I have been luckily enough to get a hold of the new MSI Trio 4090 with the EK Water block so I think ill be doing some GPU overclocking once I can figure out the CPU side and while its all open I'm going to replace both coolants and give the loops and fans a clean, so thankyou for any help anyone can give.