HWBOT Community Forums

7800 GS Confusion

• 4 weeks later...

Fact is this is a screw-up from 3rd party manufacturers and their marketing, not from hwbot. All versions are identified identically as "7800 GS". True, if you check the specs you can see a difference in enabled pipelines.

I agree it's unfair for those with a plain "7800 GS", but would cost a lot of work for us to divide it into 3 categories, check 300+ submissions and move to correct category (if we are able to identify how many pipelines are enabled!!), and keep this clear for the coming years, because mistakes will be made in the future. That's a lot of work for making the 7800 GS category more fair, a lot time which we can spend - imho - better.

Fact is this is a screw-up from 3rd party manufacturers and their marketing, not from hwbot. All versions are identified identically as "7800 GS". True, if you check the specs you can see a difference in enabled pipelines.

I agree it's unfair for those with a plain "7800 GS", but would cost a lot of work for us to divide it into 3 categories, check 300+ submissions and move to correct category (if we are able to identify how many pipelines are enabled!!), and keep this clear for the coming years, because mistakes will be made in the future. That's a lot of work for making the 7800 GS category more fair, a lot time which we can spend - imho - better.

I'm sure the ones who complain will find the ones that are not "standard" 7800gs's. Since these cards are supposed to be quite a bit better, it's quite likely that they'll be in the top 10 at least:)

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the new results form my team. Place 1 is now nearly unbeatebale. All thoose scores are done with a 24pp Card and now say again they were competetive with 16pp ones.

If u decide for different categories then i will report the wrong ones for sure. knopflerbruce is right they are always under the fastest ones.