HWBOT Community Forums

Delay on Points for WPrime 1024M score

Barton

Curious, what's the reason for the delay on some scores being posted? Sometimes a submission gets new points right away, other times they don't.

Here's one that has no points shown at the moment.

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1025972_barton_wprime_1024m_pentium_4_mobile_2.4ghz_1h_36min_10sec_906ms

When my companion WPrime 32M bench was submitted it got points immediately.

Points are up now, see following comment in next post.

Edited by Barton

Edit: Several hours later I notice the WPrime 1024 submission points are up, but the question remains:

Why are points sometimes awarded immediately and other times delayed - occasionally delayed for quite a long period - several hours in some cases?

This is not a complaint. Merely a curious question. :>)

When you make a submission, the ranking you submit to (eg 4 core wprime 32m), get marked as dirty. A job recalculates the dirty rankings one by one.

Sometime a ranking is not marked as dirty (due to bug or wrong submission which is edited afterwards), which causes the ranking not be recalculated until someone else submits a 4 core wprime 32m score. Actually it's a bit more complicated than that but you get the general idea why some are instanious and some are not.

Hey, thanks for the reply, RB.

I understand what you said as a concept.

On my specific WPrime 1024M linked above, did I mistakenly submit that as a 4-core? It was a single core chip in a single core class so I didn't even notice the number of cores in the submission. Must have just assumed it would automatically fall into the single core classification.

Let me know if you would. If I made a mistake in that submission I need to correct that in the future.

Thanks.