HWBOT Community Forums

djzatorze - Pentium 4 520 @ 4116MHz - 17343 marks PCMark 2005

T0lsty

Well the big problem is that the ORB link does not match the result posted. And the screen-shot does not include the items I indicated to you in a previous thread where needed. So you just need to provide the correct ORB link and then all is good.

PM (not start a new thread but send a PM) to Thor telling him you have updated the submission.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I swear there's no any hacks, any registry mods or anything. In fact, similar settings but with a little higher or lower FSB makes points about 11k. Other thing is efficiency grows not only in PCMark, but in e.g. Aquamark and MaxxMEM, and also is really noticeable in games and normal PC using. In some operations, it was a lot more efficient than my overclocked C2D E4400.

23.9mb? or am I reading it wrong? im looking at the orb link. the vidoe encoding score and file decription scores make no sense at all.

Oups my bad, I have read the wrong one xD

Anyway :

File descryption : too high

Transparent windows : too high

Audio compression/video encoding : O.o:eek: too high

Others multiThreaded tests seems to be ok even if they are a bit high

Edited by Christian Ney

Oups my bad, I have read the wrong one xD

Anyway :

File descryption : too high

Transparent windows : too high

Audio compression/video encoding : O.o:eek: too high

Others multiThreaded tests seems to be ok even if they are a bit high

my thoughts exactly. This benchmark is not this easy otherwise everyone would be getting scores like this.:)

it must just be a bugged run...:confused:

Edited by Bustah

With all run bugged :eek:

Maybe he found something new that is going to be forbidden in the future ;)

Waiting for moderators and djzatorze news

yes there are well known reg hacks or media encoder tweaks that cause in particular audio and video encoding scores to go crazy through the roof. which is why I focused mainly on those two scores. It's debatable wether those are 'cheats' or tweaks. I do know that hwbot does not allow them, they are nothing new. I'm not saying this user knowingly used them I think He is probably unaware but when you compare this score with others something is clearly not right.

yes there are well known reg hacks or media encoder tweaks that cause in particular audio and video encoding scores to go crazy through the roof. which is why I focused mainly on those two scores. It's debatable wether those are 'cheats' or tweaks. I do know that hwbot does not allow them, they are nothing new. I'm not saying this user knowingly used them I think He is probably unaware but when you compare this score with others something is clearly not right.

As he said that changing FSB he gets 11K.

So when doing 17K it's maybe because tests were bugged due to high overclocking(FSB).

yes I don't think this guy cheated I think its a bugged run as you say, 5k difference with a small fsb change indicates a bugged run, though saying that bugged runs only usually affect one aspect of a bencmark so i'm unclear, hopefully someone can give a clearer explanation on this.

So how does work 'reg tweak'? I have never been using, or I've been unaware (?), but my 'hacking' limits at copy the crack in some game installation (shhh...)xD

If you don't know you don't need to know, there are very clear indications when they are used. I don't think you cheated at all I do think the score you got is bugged or something, your score is impossible in the hardware used at those clocks....under normal circumstances.

you have 8k more than anyone in the p4 520 category for pcm 05 and 3k more than anyone in the single cpu category using slower hardware/ clocked lower etc, tweaking skills alone could never give you that kind of a difference.

If your score were legit I would be the first to congratulate you, but I dont believe it is just a quick look at the orb link tells me its not right.

I realize it's strange:) You probably think 'oh, yeah, guy with aircooled, old-fashioned P4 scores 17k, R U kidding?'... I was shocked, too, but at the same settings but different RAM timings the score was 15k (but I screwd the submission;[ ) There may be some bug in benchmark, but I have seen changes when I e.g. clocked down the graphics. When weather gets colder, I try to repeat benchmark at similar settings, and we'll see:)

It's nothing to do with the fact you are using air cooling, you are not using irams or acard or even ssd to get the hdd test scores where the major bump in score comes from with this benchmark. Do you really believe that 8k [p4 520 category] or 3k more single cpu without irams acard or ssd will gain you that much of an advantage? ...its not possible I can assure you.