HWBOT Community Forums

Starting With LN2/DICE

zazerbayev

I want to get started with LN2/DICE overclocking and I have most of my setup planned, This is it so far

Intel Pentium g3258

z97x SOC force

8gb G skill Tridentx

Cheapest GPU I can find, probably something from EVGA b-stock

128gb ssd

Piotres 60mm diameter CPU pot

No test bench

But I still have a few questions. First is how important is the power supply? I am choosing between the EVGA 1300 g2 which has more watts or the Superflower Leadex 1200w which is platinum rated and has fantastic ripple. Any other PSU suggestions in the price range would be appreciated.

My second question is how to set up K type probes and digital multimeters and which ones I should get. I know my motherboard has voltage read points, but how exactly do I use them?

Where do you obtain LN2/DICE and how do you store it? If anyone who lives in the Netherlands, (Groningen specifically) could help me with that.

nice setup ya got.

I have both z97 from giga + asus and I have to say the asus is easier for me to get to same clocks-but that is just flavour.

the giga needs just little bit more time and love.

for benching I always prefer a good single rail -got corsair 1000hx the old one and serves me well-if ya don't do sli then more then 1000 watts is not necessary. even less would do it fine.

ln2+dice you will get from linde:

http://www.linde-gas.nl/en/contact_and_support/depot_finder/index.html

its not cheap there but ask for better price and ask someone(a bencher) from netherland where to get it.

and have a look in the for sale here at HWBOT-good chance to get good clocker for fair money.

good luck+good scores

Edited by basco

You can have some issues with Gigabyte Z97SOC Force, G3258 and memory overclocking. This board needs a lof of attention, I would reccomend but either ASRock z97OC Formula or Asus Maximus VII Impact. SOC Force techniqually equiped awesome but x04 BIOS is bugged for Pentiums and it means that you won't able to use best BIOS for PSC-X overclocking if you have them

You can have some issues with Gigabyte Z97SOC Force, G3258 and memory overclocking. This board needs a lof of attention, I would reccomend but either ASRock z97OC Formula or Asus Maximus VII Impact. SOC Force techniqually equiped awesome but x04 BIOS is bugged for Pentiums and it means that you won't able to use best BIOS for PSC-X overclocking if you have them

If the issue is memory overclocking I don't really mind because I will be going for the highest cpu-z screen grab which means my memory will probably be running very low. The maximus vii impact and z97 oc formula are also more expensive than SOC force so if it is really important I could get the maximus vii gene.

the SOC Force will nog disapoint you. it's a good board..

Don't know about LN2 in Groningen, you should try farmers, ones that work with cow's and pig's, they can use it for freezing semen. But remember you are going to need a dewar to store it. and those are expensive

Because of the dewar I'll probably be using DICE then. One more question, how important is the SSD. I know that while you are overclocking you are always restarting but is it worth the extra money, and could I step down to a 64gb?

dice is easier to handle in the beginning and gives more time to optimize system.

I use old ssd with 50gb for benching.

it will not give you more points in the 3d benches.

and with giga soc mobo ya can push your system with the oc-buttons-so no need to restart often.

if you are more a bios type then yes the ssd will save you time.if ya tried it once you wont get back to hdd.