HWBOT Community Forums

Need some help applying XTU profile due to blindness

Hello,

I am trying to overclock an intel i5 4690k mainly by upping the clock speed some. I am fully blind however, and the XTU is not very usable with screenreaders. With some experimentation, I got to this point:

- Managed to run a benchmark and upload my scores to HWBot

- Found some profiles that, according to the site, appear to be better than my current config

- Opened one of these in XTU and got a summary of the changes, I think

- OK'ed the summary.

- Got a dialogue asking me to either apply or discard ....something, I assume modifications. Clicked Apply.

- Closed XTU and ran some tools. ASTRA32 as well as SYSSandra still appear to say my CPU is running at 3.5ghz which is the stock speed. Did I miss a step?

Would someone perhaps be willing to take a quick looksie through something like Teamviewer to see if what I did actually stuck?

Thanks a bunch and to the mods, sorry if this topic is in the wrong place. Feel free to move it.

Zersiax

If there is a possibility i would advise you not to use those xtu profiles but actually overclock manually.For example take a starting point at 1.25Vcore and set 4500 mhz,should be doable on a lot of configurations and then you can experiment by upping voltage and frequency.

If you don't get this working until afternoon i will be more than happy to help you !

Hi Alex,

I used a profile because the utility is almost impossible to use as it is right now. It is still better than mucking about in the BIOS, there I see nothing at all of what I am doing, but this tool is not ideal either. Therefore setting values manually is going to be tricky. If you have some time to help me today, that would be incredibly welcome :)

Zersiax

i think there is no screenreader for bios so manually clocking is not easy.

you have a asus h81m maybe with oc software from asus - if this is possible with screenreader?

your last xtu score is with 4180 mhz but your score is 725 and with 3990 mhz is 723 so there is something not sticking i think

like alex@ro i am happy to help

Edited by basco

I am at work right now, until about 5 hours from now. If one of you is willing to give me a hand in looking at options that would be great. I might already have a profile applied, its just that my tools tell me otherwise and I'm wondering if I'm reading it wrong. Teamviewr obviously cannot be used with BIOS, but we can probably make something happen with Windows-based tools.

Thanks for your willingness to help :)

Zersiax

Hi,

Ok, I just briefly tested the AI Suite GUI and it is even worse than XTU, accessibility-wise. Not sure if this tool works from the CLI as well but if not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to depend on one of you guys giving me a hand with this.

Zersiax

Since ai suite is hard to use,turbo vcore works nice.the problem for xtu score is the motherboard since if setting voltage higher then 1.2 it will sometimes stuck the cpu at 3500 in the middle of the run...

In any case,zersiax is a true enthusiast and i might add that the things he accomplished are extraordinary in his situation.He changed the stock cooler,installed monitoring apps and reads his cpu frequency.It was my pleasure helping you zersiax !