HWBOT Community Forums

P5ych0 - Core i7 6700K @ 5510MHz - 1939 marks XTU

nachtfalke

you are sure??? my single stage can do that , but use no regular stepper or spiral evaporator , they are inefficient regarding Delta T.

What do you mean "use no regular stepper or spiral evaporator" ? I have an SS built by runmc (Ron from Under-the-Ice.com) and it uses chilly1 evap I believe and to stay subzero benching XTU (6700k 4/8) I must keep vcore under 1.5v or so. Heres pics of SS

wBcTqJG.jpg

9FAX975.jpg

bOSI3aS.jpg

MQ4DJR1.jpg

What do you mean "use no regular stepper or spiral evaporator" ? I have an SS built by runmc (Ron from Under-the-Ice.com) and it uses chilly1 evap I believe and to stay subzero benching XTU (6700k 4/8) I must keep vcore under 1.5v or so. Heres pics of SS]

really i don´t want to start a war , but 95% of the units actually build and saled by most well know phase builder that for 99% of them are only a bussines are really ineficient units , push the phase era into inefficient unit because they want only show you just really "cold" numbers on the thermometer ...but for an overclocker not that is intrested ...intrested is how will perform delta T? so speaking about unit of above he has 78+C delta T , bench a small chip power hungry that can reach prehaps 200W at 1.65v , so benching one that can generate 400w + how will perform that unit? using a big displacement compressor will be for nothing , because the issue are the evaporators!!!!!

i can´t giv my all secrets here , because i get me lot of time and resurces to develop a new phase change evaporator , i can only say a phase evaporator work like a waterblock , how is build an waterblock? verticaly?? like stepper or spiral evaporator? NO NO they are flat ,because the heat is flat? ofcourse , because the copper mass will not count? ofcourse , but way? because you use an internal constant flow, in fact evaporator are closed hermeticly , the top of evaporator are NOT intrested ....only the BASE...the BASE are secret of all evaporator build ....but unfortuly stepper and spiral has only small base surface area with the heat , uso to thick copper base ( minim posible to be not bent by pressure is 4mm base thicknes), no internal arhitecture( arhitecture should be full of holes , elicoidal waves and shapes and channels- that the refigerant to enter to make better heat treansfer) on the base to incerese the heat transfer and lowering the DELTA T ...so that is main issue of these inefficient evaporators .

in fact usig spiral or stepper you overhearting the cpu or gpu under the evap base , but you are still at -40-50 in the thermometer because you only measures suction vapour temp outlet evap! so the heat reamin in the heat sources , overheating /degrading the well payed cpu and the unit are not charged with that heat , that in fact is build to disipated and cooling that heat!...but nobody say nothing!

a good waterchiller will be very close to an SS , because even they bench most on + degree ...they has maximal 20 degree delta ...not 80-100 like most SS here used:D

i made some test with my new evap design .

xtu_1.6v...w6ub0.jpg

snaphsot0004ghukr.png

20160811_090729dwkd5.jpg

vantagecputest5200mhzpgu6c.jpg

20160730_110552h3auw.jpg

20160810_0905337lu0v.jpg

20160810_0915230nusa.jpg

20160810_090958aiuc7.jpg

20160801_1701064bbhk.jpg

20160730_110705ocz1k.jpg

Edited by nachtfalke

So what, if anything can be done to improve a unit such as mine ? Could I have the refrigerant removed and add a new evap head or entire line, it seems like I already have a fairly decent compressor, condensor, fan etc. I also do use an extra temp probe to get a better sence of cpu temp like in the pic below. I have also done a lot of experimenting and testing myself to maximize performance and have had decent results shaving of 30-35C

flUniYN.jpg

So what, if anything can be done to improve a unit such as mine ? Could I have the refrigerant removed and add a new evap head or entire line, it seems like I already have a fairly decent compressor, condensor, fan etc. I also do use an extra temp probe to get a better sence of cpu temp like in the pic below. I have also done a lot of experimenting and testing myself to maximize performance and have had decent results shaving of 30-35C

flUniYN.jpg

i don´t know exacly but Ron´s unit use 18ccm displacement compressor , they are ok and silent but only for a quad core , if you want to bench octocore or 10 core cpu you should switch for an rotaryes with min requires 24 -28ccm displacement!

and yes new evaporators will be required here to lowering DeltaT .also if you change that evaporator with a better one , that will change the hole unit behavior , because ratio pressure will be changed aswell , you will charge the unit with more heat from heat sources , that mean metering device ( expansion valve) will not fit at lenght anymore ...so sould be shorted again till your subcooling and superheat meat the right values with pressures!

refrigerant should be recover not removed!!!

regards!

Edited by nachtfalke

Thanks for the info, I'll try to find someone who can recover the refrigerant and rebuild the unit with a rotory. I had the Dimastech rotory SS but it was 220/240 so I sold it to a friend who had that hooked up already. the evap head on that was almost identical in width but shorter height, yet holds temp better than my unit even with it's smaller condensor. As for a new evap, is this something I could buy from you or at least get a recommendation on where to get one ?