HWBOT Community Forums

[Project][DIY] 360 RADIATOR HORIZONTAL STAND

luakri

Hello all

Creating this thread for support and feedback regarding the [DIY] 360 Radiator Horizontal Stand.

IMG_20181006_3.thumb.jpg.0337308b16a5165b1687435acc5fa98e.jpg

The [DIY] 360 Radiator Horizontal Stand build log and sources are available at https://openbenchtable.com/community/diy-360-radiator-horizontal-stand/ 

Source files include 360 Radiator Horizontal Stand for OBT v1 and OBT v1.1

Tested and produced - 360 horizontal stand 360 for OBT v1
Untested - Designs for OBT v.1.1

Notes:

• Looking for OBT v.1.1 owners to volunteer to test the 360 designs for v1.1.
  • Source files also include untested designs for 420, 480 and 560 radiator sizes for the OBT v1
  • Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 master file allows users to change the horizontal stand and grill pattern if they wish.

Prototype for untested designs for OBT v1.1 and 420, 480 and 560 radiators:

• Print without scaling or at 100% scale in thick paper:
    • match the radiator and the horizontal stand holes.
    • match the horizontal stand and the OBT holes.
    • If all is well please reply and publish pictures of your build in this thread.

Keep on pushing!

Edited by luakri
update thread with updated pic

Looking good! 

I personally am not too keen on watercooling anymore.  In my younger years, I would likely pursue this route.

BTW, is there a possibility of 'imbalance'?  Or, is the PSU heavy enough to balance the weight of the entire watercooling setup at the other end?

@marcoliu Yes, the PSU is heavy enough to balance the weight of the watercooling setup, do not recommend assembly of the stand/radiator/liquid without the PSU to balance the table. Only "imbalance" experienced was when for testing/building purposes I tried to cause it by pushing the table downwards with some strength at the table watercooling end, since the weight of the watercooling table end it did balance with the weight of the psu.