HWBOT Community Forums

yosarianilives - Radeon R9 290X - 20881 marks 3DMark - Sling Shot (U) 1440p

yosarianilives

Isn't this benchmark supposed to be for "All Android/iOS based for mobile devices" so by using an Android Distro designed to run on the x86 platform you're not exactly operating within the spirit of the rules.

Can you carry around your Xeon/R9 290X system in your pocket and make phone calls with it?

1 hour ago, cbjaust said:

Isn't this benchmark supposed to be for "All Android/iOS based for mobile devices" so by using an Android Distro designed to run on the x86 platform you're not exactly operating within the spirit of the rules.

Can you carry around your Xeon/R9 290X system in your pocket and make phone calls with it?

Bench runs without emulation, I see no breaking of rules. The rules merely specifies that android OS must be used, which is what I use. If you're worried about lack of competition then I will tell you that android x86 oreo currently is compiled to use up to 8 threads and has mesa 18.6.3 driver allowing use of AMD gpus up to vega arch. So anyone who wants the team pts can run 9900k ht off and vega VII and easily obliterate my scores.