HWBOT Community Forums

Help me to identify components on Palit 980Ti Jetstream

Hey guys,

this card worked for about 3 years as a daily driver (wasn't OCed) when it started to crash the PC. It would just shut off instantly, like when it's a PSU issue. The PSU was fine though. I replaced the card and the problem went away.

I finally got around to repairing the card and traced the problem down to one of the Mosfets. The card powered up when I would leave the 8-pin out - the 8-pin powers the lower 4 GPU Mosfets - and sure enough, one of them was fried (no resistance between two of the pads). The card powers up fine with the 8-pin in now, although the lower 4 Mosfets are still out. 

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.04951f03f1080a38ad1dfc034ff58b55.jpg20200506_201355.thumb.jpg.c8b2097440e240cdd4c230cf0260a186.jpg

First question: What kind of manufacturer is this and where can I get a replacement Mosfet? A datasheet would also be helpful I guess.

Second question: Should it already show a picture on the screen now with 4 deactivated phases? Voltages and everything look good. Or does this indicate there might be something else bad (like the GPU itself?) 

Edited by Masterchief79

• 2 weeks later...