HWBOT Community Forums

[FS|EU] Phase Change Evaporator Heads [Will be making some soon]

LordNicoll

Hello. (TD:DR at bottom)

If anyone is interested I might have one or two spare 50mmx32mm phase change evaporator heads (see pictures of model below) available in a month or so. These are designed to be the middle of the road between cheap and expensive heads. I currently have not built these but will be soon and it looks like there are a few that are currently unspoken for and I couldn't find anyone else who might want to buy them. The material is copper, but not any especially nice grade (not C101, C109 or C110) as these are not meant to be very high end evaps. They use concentric ringed channels and an acid etched anti-glide surface to ensure the liquid refrigerent vapourises and cools the evaporator head without just returning to the suction line. Due to the long path inside this evaporate and the somewhat tight channels (2.3mm) it likely has a somewhat high pressure delta so might need a larger compressor, as of right now they're an untested design and the design was mostly driven my Mythicals looking for ecomonical evaporators. I don't have a recommendation for compressor size as of right now or an exact load carry capability but it was intended to be able to handle up to about 350 watts of heat load assuming a good compressor and suitable refrigerent for the desired temperature. In theory it can handle up to 500 watts but until they're tested I simply don't know.

The evaporator will feature fully TIG welded construction (I only have low melting point silicon bronze brazing rods so the thing would fall apart the second it gets near the temperature for brazing if I brazed it) with the capillary tube and suction line mating tubes also welded to the top cap, which gets welded to the main body, likely I'll use de-oxygenated copper rods, but I also have silicon bronze for welding too I could use, it's not like brazing silicon bronze as it's designed for use with a TIG torch. I might be also able to nickel plate them if I have time and there is interest that. If there are any questions about the physical construction you can ask away and if there are any special requests before they're made i might be able to change it before they're made. I do plan in the future to offer them with threaded connectors for people who prefer flexible suction line. 
In the future smaller 35mm ones will be available as well as a larger 60mm C110 one. 

They'll be around €125 shipped within EU with 3D printed mounting plates (ASA, black), stainless M4 rods and assorted thumb nuts, nuts and washers. Price depends on when they're made and if things like nickel plating are performed. Payment will only be accepted when the heads are ready to ship. In thoery I should have enough copper to make 5 and 3 are reserved so there should be 2 available but I might screw one up so better to say 1, maybe 2 available

TL:DR: I'm making some 50.8mm phase change evaporator soon and might have 1 or 2 left over, they'll be for sale, if you maybe want one leave a comment on the post. Images of 3D models below

Screenshot (2128).png

Screenshot (2129).png

Screenshot (2131).png

Screenshot (2132).png

• Like 1