HWBOT Community Forums

10980xe Low CPU Usage during fire strike physics score

ROWDY XOC

I have been running the 3D Mark Fire strike benchmark this afternoon, I normally run a 5.2ghz overclock (chilled water) on this bench but thought I would have a play with 5.3ghz. My normal score for physics on 5.2ghz 1.38v would be around 36100 ish however when I bumped it up too 5.3ghz 1.48v there was pretty much no change in the score. I checked my thermals in Aida64 to make sure I wasn’t throttling and Double checked the clock was applied and all seems to be in order. The only thing I did notice was that my CPU Usage was around 76% throughout the bench mark. Can anybody confirm if this is typical behaviour of the benchmark with the 10980xe? If not does anyone have any idea how to get it to utilize closer too 100% without setting realtime as that just causes other issues.

I use a stripped down os specifically for benching so there is little to none going on in the background.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated ?

System specs if it helps:

10980xe 

x299 dark 

Gskill trident Z 3800mhz 12-12-12-26 1T 

2080ti kp 

1600w PSU

Chilled water 

Edited by ROWDY XOC

Sorry Leeghoofed major typo on my end ? I'm scoring around 36100 ish I have edited my original post! This may be on the money for the hardware but was just shocked to see no improvement working up from 5.2ghz too 5.3ghz, and with it only utilizing around 76% of my CPU it just had me wondering if I have missed something in possibly an os setting?  

Edited by ROWDY XOC
  • Haha 1

Benched with Realtemp as advised and my thermals were a little too high which was causing it to throttle down. I Adjusted a few settings to help keep the temps down and it started to scale properly scoring a 40510 in physics! Thank you very much for the suggestion Leeghoofd I will be using Realtemp more often as it seems to give a far more accurate representation over other monitors I currently use ?