HWBOT Community Forums

ECLK MODE on Taichi B650E

I would like to hear from a professional.
I purchased a 7800X3D
The board is an Asrock B650E Taichi
I have studied SkatterBencher and the explanation of Actually Hardcore Overclocking
I'm trying to run it, but I can't do it well.
I know professionals may not be interested in this CPU, but I want to succeed in overclocking it since I bought it at an affordable price.
At present, Eclk can be applied up to 105 by the profile of SkatterBencher, but it is the situation that OS cannot be booted beyond that.
I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

mtjmqmgjaaya1.jpg

Did you just copy the exact settings from SkatterBencher ? Because there is literally 0 guarantee that that will work for your CPU.

Also try testing for stability with y-cruncher, it can really quickly find stability issues which you then have to try to fix by changing PBO settings.

It can also be that you've lost the silicon lotterly.

it is a great board for eclk OC on all my AM5 CPUs, its miles better at RAM OC vs a cheaper B650 board and eclk+RAM OC up to 8800 works. The trick is, to use PBO curve optimizer with bclk OC, and make sure you have set up your RAM properly. When using eclk: BOOT:  It will first train the 100 bclk timings, after that it will retrain with eclk so its like a double boot. Good luck it a beast of a board.

1 hour ago, wutske said:

SkatterBencher から正確な設定をコピーしただけですか? なぜなら、それがあなたのCPUで動作するという保証は文字通り0だからです

また、y-cruncher で安定性をテストしてみてください。安定性の問題がすぐに見つかるので、PBO 設定を変更して修正する必要があります。

シリコンを宝くじで紛失した可能性もあります。

I don't know how to set up y-cruncher.
Also, I'm trying to adjust the CO.
I understand that I have to set the value on all cores and test it, but I'm not sure if it's possible to set the value on
but I don't understand how to adjust CO for each single core.
I don't understand how to adjust CO for a single core, or which core is negative.
I don't understand why some cores are negative and others are positive.
I have been able to test all cores up to stability with ECLK106 and positive 3.

• Like 1

You can download it here: http://numberworld.org/y-cruncher/#Download (and it's also included in benchmate). If you run it, just enter the component stress test. Only enabling VST/VT3 should be enough and then let it rip. This will give you and idea of the all core stability. You can change the number of threads to test stuff like single/dual/... core workloads.

You're really going for the toughest CPU to overclock and you're doing everything at the same time. Try to optimize the CPU first with PBO only. Once you've got that setting, go for optimizing each core so you get to know which are the stronger and which are the weaker cores.

just grabbed my taichi lite B650E +7800X3D system and ran some bclk OC ycruncher. the zentimings is open for inspiration,

once you get the feeling for it its not that hard :) gotta tell you, i overclock everything DDR4 and DDR5 and X3D overclocking is totally different than anything with a multiplier and voltage input., so be prepared for a learning curve 

y-cruncher_Pi-1b_20.754.jpg

• Thanks 2

I ran it.
What should I look for?
It runs normally, but..,
How does this tell me if it's a good core or not?
I don't understand.
Go to the optimization of each core and figure out which cores are more powerful and which are weaker ← I don't know how to do this!

Thanks for the info.
Off topic, but I think I may be getting some noise from the board.
Not sure what's causing it.
I can't overclock the DRAM since I changed to 7800X3D.
Even 6200 won't pass. 1T won't pass at all.
Is it broken?
I'm trying to change the BIOS from 2.03 to 2.02.
The screen froze in the middle of the flash.
I'm having all kinds of problems.
DRAM is F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I dont want to be harsh but why are you asking these basic knowledge things on a dedicated benchmark and overclocking site? I think you need to start at the very basics and learn. Work your way up with knowledge, read on OCN forums etc. I suggest leave everything CPU wise stock and make a stable RAM profile first, go from there. Good luck :)

Zen4 can do DDR-8000 but there's this one setting you have to change so that it no longer runs 1:1... If only my brain could remember what it was again ?. Anyhow, DDR5-6000 is still assumed to be the sweetspot for AMD, higher frequencies won't benefit you a lot, it's better to focus on tighter timings.

Not being able to run 1T might also be your RAM. I have a set of Kingston HyperX Black that does 1T fine at 1866Mhz. Same board, same CPU but some Geil dragon something memory and it won't even do stock at 2T at 1333Mhz, even though these sticks can do exactly the same RAM timings as the Kingston memory at 1866Mhz, but at 2T. You mentioned you can't overclock the RAM since you've switched to the X3D, so I assume you ran it faster/tighter on another platform ? Your DDR5 kit has Hynix M-die and manufacturers already push a lot out of it using the EXPO profile. If you want it to run faster, either up the voltage or drop the CL. Check out Buildzoids video for more info on tight DDR6000 on AMD:

How you find out which core is stronger all depends on your preferences. You can use https://github.com/sp00n/corecycler to find out which core is unstable and then change the offsets for that core until it is stable. You can also do it by hand using y-cruncher. In the component stress tester hit "1", disable all cores with "d" and then enter a single core id (starts from 0). Pick your favorite tests and let it rip

image.png.f7d64f3d82becb4be85e3935545e8cb8.png

If it crashes, update PBO settings and repeat. If it's stable for a couple of hours, then move on to the next core. Repeat until you've done each core and now you'll have a per-core PBO tuning. Then repeat the test with 2, 3, ... active cores and if this thing doesn't crash after hours of running then you should have a 100% stable OC.

Edited by wutske
sweetspot added

I don't get it, nobody said you should crank the VSoc, Buildzoid even has his a 1,15V and he even says that high VSoc harms infinity fabric speeds.

You can't even change the VCore on X3D chips other than what PBO allows you to do and even then it's within very strict boundaries. You can still crank VDDR whether you have an X3D chip or not.

I think a lot of information is lost in translation. You have a good motherboard for overclocking. You have good RAM for overclocking. You have a CPU which is absolutely not made for overclocking and the CPU prevents you from doing that as much as possible for a very good reason. You have to learn how to walk before you can run and with that CPU you're trying to do the 100m sprint with indoor sandals.

We are really trying to help you but I personally think you're making it too hard for yourself. There have to be Japanese forums where they can help you without the language barrier. It will also be easier if you have a CPU that you can actually overclock without PBO. Disabling everything that changes the frequencies and power states (PBO, Power management, S3, C1, C6, Cool&Quiet, Turbo, ...) makes overclocking a lot easier.

//edit: I checked you hardware library, seems like you have plenty of experience with unlocked CPU's and some nice results too. You have a Ryzen 7700 which did great on this board so I don't get why you're saying it's a bad board. You know what your 7700 can do on that board, so put that one back in and try to optimize that one first using PBO to get a hang of it. Then try ECLK overclocking that CPU instead of using the multiplier and see how far you can get it.

Edited by wutske
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wutske said:

理解できません。誰も VSoc を上げるべきだとは言いませんでした。Buildzoid には 1.15V があり、高い VSoc は無限のファブリック速度に悪影響を与えるとさえ言っています。

PBO で許可されている以外の X3D チップ上の VCore を変更することさえできず、その場合でも非常に厳密な境界内にあります。X3D チップの有無に関係なく、VDDR をクランクすることができます。

翻訳では多くの情報が失われると思います。オーバークロックに適したマザーボードをお持ちです。オーバークロックに適した RAM が搭載されています。あなたが使用している CPU はオーバークロック向けにまったく作られていませんが、CPU は非常に正当な理由からオーバークロックを可能な限り阻止しています。走る前に歩き方を学ばなければなりませんが、その CPU を使って室内サンダルで 100 メートル走に挑戦することになります。

私たちは本当にあなたを助けようとしていますが、個人的にはあなたが自分自身でそれを難しくしすぎていると思います。言語の壁なく助けてくれる日本語のフォーラムが必要です。また、PBO なしで実際にオーバークロックできる CPU がある場合は、より簡単になります。周波数と電力状態を変更するもの (PBO、電源管理、S3、C1、C6、Cool&Quiet、ターボなど) をすべて無効にすると、オーバークロックがはるかに簡単になります。

//編集: ハードウェア ライブラリをチェックしましたが、ロック解除された CPU の経験が豊富で、素晴らしい結果も得られているようです。あなたはこのボードで素晴らしいパフォーマンスを見せたRyzen 7700を持っているのに、なぜそれが悪いボードだと言うのかわかりません。7700 がそのボードで何ができるかはわかっているので、そのボードを元に戻し、最初に PBO を使用してそのボードを最適化してコツを掴んでください。次に、乗算器を使用する代わりに ECLK でその CPU をオーバークロックしてみて、どこまで実現できるかを確認してください。

I do not intend to rely on Buildzoid's information.

Edited by Broken APEX49

Hello.
I'm trying SuperPI with 7800x3d
For now, the only RAM timing on the 7800x3d is the EXPO setting.
ECLK overclocking with CO set to 107, all cores needed to be positive and up to 23.
I checked the cores in RYZEN master and found that in my case 1 core was good and 3 cores were second best, so I set 1 core to positive 23, 3 cores to positive 22, and the other cores to negative 0.
With this setting, I was able to complete the PI.
Is this the right direction as a basic idea?
I know this is off topic, but any advice would be appreciated!
I checked HWiNFO64 and it's running with one core as priority during benchmarking, but the utilization is at 50%, and it's not running at 100%.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

The HWinfo readout with just 50% core utilization is because of the polling period is set to default 1000ms. If you shorten the polling rate to 200ms your read out are 5 times more accurate ( the sensors will collect data every 200ms instead of every 1000ms it does now,

you can find the oprtion in Settings

1 hour ago, kaliz said:

The HWinfo readout with just 50% core utilization is because of the polling period is set to default 1000ms. If you shorten the polling rate to 200ms your read out are 5 times more accurate ( the sensors will collect data every 200ms instead of every 1000ms it does now,

you can find the oprtion in Settings

I'm asking others.

• 3 months later...

I have a question for everyone here that uses/used the b650e taichi. I have it paired with a 7800x3d, and for some reason, eclk behaves really strange. Basically any value above 100, even 101 with a positive all core co offset, will cause my bios to freeze/reboot after few seconds-minutes. The higher the clock value, the faster it'll happen. In windows, its super stable at everything i throw at it, including y cruncher, linpack, occt and gaming. Despite that, once engaging eclk mode above 100, bios will act strange , and only bios. While my chip isn't a golden sample, it can most definitely hold 101 with +10 co offset (i went to the extreme on purpose), but the bios will freeze or reboot after some time. Tried flashing 2 older bios versions, same thing. This is kinda frustrating. Did anyone encounter this behaviour?

Edited by Binder87