HWBOT Community Forums

Bones - Athlon 64 4000+ (San Diego) @ 3005MHz - 24min 30sec 109ms SuperPi - 32M

R-998

Incorrect - San Diego's were also E6 chips towards the end and they never made a single core "Toledo" chip because the name was only used for X2 chips.

I don't know why the bot decided all of these were to be called Toledo's or why CPU-Z itself is calling them a Toledo but you can refer to CPU World and look up a 4000+ LCBBE stepping chip to see for yourself.

Here's one example except this one is an LCB9E stepping chip:
https://hwbot.org/submission/2653517_bones_cpu_frequency_athlon_64_4000_(san_diego)_3469.01_mhz

BTW CPU-Z can tell the difference between a single cored and dual cored chip - Look at the AMD 64 logo at the top right of the CPU tab. It's orange and black meaning it's a single cored chip, if it were Green and black instead then it would be an X2 chip like this one:
https://hwbot.org/submission/2348484_bones_superpi___1m_athlon_64_x2_4200_(toledo)_27sec_610ms

• Crew
On 8/20/2024 at 6:31 AM, Bones said:

Incorrect - San Diego's were also E6 chips towards the end and they never made a single core "Toledo" chip because the name was only used for X2 chips.

I don't know why the bot decided all of these were to be called Toledo's or why CPU-Z itself is calling them a Toledo but you can refer to CPU World and look up a 4000+ LCBBE stepping chip to see for yourself.

There isn't a short answer for this but I've seen this question before so I'll give some explanations in a separate topic. I've made a research and decided to split them apart. I've also contacted CPU-Z author so he updated CPU-Z to identify it as Toledo.
If you have a San Diego E6 core that is not a Toledo with a disabled core, shoot me the info, I'll be glad to be wrong.

• Like 1

• Crew
4 hours ago, Bones said:

Thank you for the explanation - That does clear alot of it up, hopefully for everyone.

If you see some changes in the categories, especially old and/or obscure, you know I'm most likely the one to blame. You can simply ask.