HWBOT Community Forums

Reevaluation of blocked scores (because of new policy)

Can any moderator recheck my scores and unblock them please?

I made some small error in the validation of the scores, but if you understand the benches and compare them against other scores, you know they are correct

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=774236

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=767928

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=773892

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=767926

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=774309

A lot of thanks in advance

sorry but those scores were blocked with valid reasons as the screenshot did not show some crucial information.

there is no "new" policy in effect, we made public what the moderators have been doing for months now; only way to get a score unblocked is by uploading correct validation for the score.

Isn't there a rule that says that blocking just for blocking is not "fair play"? That there should be reasonable doubt about the scores?

No, it is not off, just compare it to others people scores and their clocks, it is just that i forgot to show the resolution, i only have small screen and this seemed to be the best way to show everything in 1 screen, stupid i forgot about the resolution

Insufficient verification can always lead to blocking a score. We try to take into account more than just the sole error in verification to judge about whether or not a block is justified, for instance what is missing and how high the score is ranked within its category, but this sometimes less strict blocking policy can come across as unfair or not logical is some cases. For instance in this one.

Know that we will stick this moderation policy: we do not intend to block pointlessly, so in some cases we allow minor mistakes. I'd say, make sure everything is in order in terms of verification to minimize the risk of getting a score blocked.

Ok, i understand why my 3Dmark scores are blocked, but why is a Superpi run blocked when the memory timings are not shown? You know the frequency of the CPU, the FSB everything except the memory timings, it is not like a superpi score cannot be validated without memory timings.

So my score was just blocked for the case of being blocked...

In 3D i can understand it is blocked as vital information as the resolution is hidden, but in Superpi the memory timings are not vital, so i don't understand why it is such a big deal

Right now, i certainly don't understand why there was any post on the main site regarding a new policy, since i don't see any change

Gothrek, you're fighting a losing battle and I doubt anyone will agree with you. Memory sub-timings can have a huge impact on a superpi 1m run, let alone a 32m run. To dispute that is just crazy.

True, they have a huge effect on the score, but without memtimings your score cannot be validated? how stupid is that?

True, they have a huge effect on the score, but without memtimings your score cannot be validated? how stupid is that?

Not being validated on Hwbot is not per definition an invalid score. It just means the verification does not comply with the rules applied here on hwbot. Why this rule has been set in place doesn't matter in this case.

Still, better scores should not be explained at all, if the pic is valid, the score should be considered as valid, simple as that

I just ran the 100m sprint in my backyard in 5 seconds and even have a stopwatch picture to prove it (since we only need the score). Is it a world record?

How can you run a database of 17000 members, of 300k scores without having a few solid ground rules? It's a matter of making it easier for everyone: moderators, but more importantly the people who compete. Without information such as memory timings and NB/Uncore clock frequencies, it VERY difficult to see why a certain score is faster.

Furthermore, you said it yourself: "IF the pic is valid, the score should be considered valid". Hwbot consideres a SPI picture valid, IF the memory tab is included. If NOT, it's NOT valid and should therefore not be considered valid either. Note that this is only in terms of Hwbot-validity, which is different from validity in general.

What are we discussing here exactly? How moderation should work, if the memory tab is a necessity, how the rules of hwbot have been created or if your scores should be unblocked?

Edited by Massman