HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Locked 'n' Loaded Contest - stage 1: SuperPi 32m thread.

kirbster

• 4 weeks later...
All the top scores been submitted have CPU multipliers above 31x. Does this mean that when the comp ends those submissions will be disqualified from receiving the prize?

We need to set at bios 31x to qualified for the compy regulation to enable fair play.

Not easy to do high block on UD7, only after numerous rebooting, it gets to OS, at times it boot to back up bios and need to shutdown. Lowering down Bclk to 106 it helps a bit, and pull using ET.

Anw, saw one entry by 'Coldest' on stage one having 34x.

An overlook mistake but nice high Blck.

We need to set at bios 31x to qualified for the compy regulation to enable fair play.

Not easy to do high block on UD7, only after numerous rebooting, it gets to OS, at times it boot to back up bios and need to shutdown. Lowering down Bclk to 106 it helps a bit, and pull using ET.

Anw, saw one entry by 'Coldest' on stage one having 34x.

An overlook mistake but nice high Blck.

Sorry mate, I think there's no mistake in my stage one submission,Because I read the rules stage 1 for highest memory clocks, There's no limitation for cpu multiplier. Only Stage 2 superpi 32M, there is a rule that all contestants must use 31x multiplier or lower.

Rules Stage 1 highest Memory Clock

rulestage1.jpg

Rules stage 2 Superpi 32M

rulestage2.jpg

The competition pages already removed from HWBot main page, but the links is still up, u can check it here :D

http://hwbot.org/competition/gbt_lockednloaded/stage/278_highest_ddr3_mhz_validation/

I think increasing BCLK on UD7, it's quietly easy. Just Increasing BCLK 0,1~0,5 each Bios boot, u will be fine, because the board will increase the BCLK without shutting down the system and u will be fine until u reach bclk limit.

I'm using Kingstong Genesis Grey 2133 RAM, When on air @1,85 V, i just got BCLK 106,5 Mhz. Giving 1,95v VDIMM, there's still no scaling.

After I'm Freezed the ram and give 1,95v VDIMM, I can increased the BCLK until 110.6 Mhz, boot from bios to OS Windows 7 without using easy tune.

for BCLK 110.7 and 110.8 can't boot with windows 7 ( crash at Windows 7 loading ) after change the os to Windows XP, I can boot the OS with BCLK 110.7 without problem and got 110.8 after three times trying boot,because the system already very unstable.

and for timing and subtiming RAM settings, I just used AUTO preset for stage 1.

It's Already a week of waiting for winner announcement and still waiting :(

Edited by Coldest

@Coldest :)

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I read it from here though, it stated 31x.

Sorry if I have caused a misunderstanding. It set my mind at 31x....keke!

You're right accordingly to the stage1.

gigabyteevent.jpg

Just sharing, but not disputing your score or standing.

I am in no position to do that, and you did great and your experience greatly shown thru here.

Using 31x, booting it up may not be the same as 34x.

It will caused it to go back to back-up bios after a crashed from OS.

Need to shut down, and start again.

I am not sure using your settings at 34x, will give a smooth bclk boot-up.

Tested on another motherboard, using Z68 V pro, I can reboot to higher higher bclk with no issues, increment by 0.2 or 0.3 at a time. (with no 31x restriction).

It was easily done until i hit the wall, but not on 31x with UD7.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1998876

With Ud7, once got a successful boot-up from 106, after few tries, i used ET. Is very difficult to reboot from 107 or higher, need plenty of luck, sometimes it boot after many many tries (with 31x).

Even profile settings that I have saved(107 to 108), also will not let me boot-up.

Edited by Spyboy48