HWBOT Community Forums

I.nfraR.ed - NF7-S @ 277.9MHz - 277.93 MHz Reference Clock

Rasparthe

Yes, my fault. But I've been running several times this way...you know, it happens once...

after my leak, i've always use protection now..lol

tight fittings + clamps thats how i make sure nothing gets wet( or infected lol jk)

Edited by Hondacity

Let it dry a bit, it should work then again (hopefully). :)

I used the hot-air gun almost immediately. Anyway, I'll check it again after some days. Really hope it will work again.

after my leak, i've always use protection now..lol

tight fittings + clamps thats how i make sure nothing gets wet( or infected lol jk)

I've had leaks 2-3 times without any consequences. It just stops working as expected, but when dried out, it works again.

Circled area was in water:

woKAq.png

It could do 281. I have pencil mod on this one, but had somewhere another NF7-S v.2 with a hard-mod.

It doesn't scale much with volts. Up to 2V is ok, but scaling after 1.8 is small and over 2V makes it even worse for my board. Yours might be different.

Here's one good guide http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=106&pgno=0 . Some of the boards need Vref mod as well. It depends on the board rev (numbers on the back of the pcb), but I don't remember which one, it was looong time ago these boards were new.

Other than that, you must actively cool the SB as well, it gets very hot. If you choose the resistor method. never change its value while the board is running. You'd better put a small heatsink on the voltage regulator, too.

And ofcourse...triple-check everything before firing it up. I've had no problems running with vdd mod for a long period of time, but the leak killed it :/.

Thx for the tips and the link.

I know this board, but this one has 1.5 year, to clock old cpu's and it's hard to find mod informations still online since 2003 :/

Mine do 1.61v with 1.7v bios, old BH5 synchro with 3.7v vdimm,270.4mhz valid now, 273mhz but corrupted file.

Lot of insulation, dod on chipset, watercool on the cpu, hope it survive...