HWBOT Community Forums

I.nfraR.ed - Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 6583MHz - 10min 35sec 344ms SuperPi 32m

BeepBeep2

My CPU has a cold-boot bug at -110 and CB @ -120, and I don't have a torch. Needs HT-Link at ~1000 and weak drive strengths to boot full pot. I know it is IMC related, CPU LED stuck @ under -130, -130 to -110 DRAM LED.

What a PITA this has turned out to be, already wasted 1/3 my LN2...

My CPU has a cold-boot bug at -110 and CB @ -120, and I don't have a torch. Needs HT-Link at ~1000 and weak drive strengths to boot full pot. I know it is IMC related, CPU LED stuck @ under -130, -130 to -110 DRAM LED.

What a PITA this has turned out to be, already wasted 1/3 my LN2...

I have an 8150, 1090T, 1055T, and two 555BE's that do that :(

I have a 565 BE here I have never tested cold as a backup.

However I know it will be s**t on LN2 already and has a weak cpu-nb. Max CPU-Z on air 4450 MHz too, doesn't like volts.

I'm gonna tear down everything in the morning and probably set up for FX. I can't waste time and my 8150 has been proven full pot.

Infra, you said your chip works on LN2 with only one core?

Edited by BeepBeep2

I have an 8150, 1090T, 1055T, and two 555BE's that do that :(

If all of them do that, it's most probably the board coldbugging. My Crosshair IV does the same and I think only works full pot with one dimm slot populated.

Infra, you said your chip works on LN2 with only one core?

Yes, but not sure if the board or the cpu is the problem, however this board has proven stable full pot with my 1090T and old 955 C3. Might be a bios problem, cause it flashed automatically from the backup bios after running full pot for a while.

It worked 4 cores no problem with stock hsf afterwards, so I assumed it's the cpu.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

It'd not the board (CHV). Except for the 8150, which I sold right away, all chips experienced similar behavior on 4 other boards (CHIV, CHIII, 790X-UD4P, and M2RSH). While each of those boards have been run all the way cold with no issues.

Edited by just_nuke_em