HWBOT Community Forums

ATI HD4330 Overclock?

brobert

Just play with different utilities - in most cases GPUTool CTP1 from techpowerup.com works best for me under XP.

Thanks! Going to give it a shot.

Plus, do you know a good fan speed program?

Edit: Okai, tried that program and no luck. Also tried a few others: ATI Tray Tools, etc.

Is there a driver change I have to do in order to overclock? I'm only using the latest HP drivers.

Edited by brobert

The best you can do is to try yourself if it would overclock with another drivers.

When using Dell 2400Pro, I had to use 2 utilities at the same time to overclock over 850MHz (known as "black screen problem") - firstly to set clocks with ATT (no change at clocks - utility seemed not to work) and then set the same clocks via AMD Gpu clock tool (changes were applied in case you set the same settings as you did in ATT. If you set any other clocks - there was black screen). Using these utilities without each other gave me only the abscence of overclock or bugs. And only that combining worked best for me.

The best you can do is to try yourself if it would overclock with another drivers.

When using Dell 2400Pro, I had to use 2 utilities at the same time to overclock over 850MHz (known as "black screen problem") - firstly to set clocks with ATT (no change at clocks - utility seemed not to work) and then set the same clocks via AMD Gpu clock tool (changes were applied in case you set the same settings as you did in ATT. If you set any other clocks - there was black screen). Using these utilities without each other gave me only the abscence of overclock or bugs. And only that combining worked best for me.

Hmm, that is good to know. It is telling me the same thing that my card is clocked at 450/500 but the clock toggles are reading 850/2.0 (core/mem). It seems like it detects the card now. I am using custom drivers and the display driver doesn't install correctly (but CCC does and whatnot). I'm going to try and do a clean of the drivers and try again.

Thanks a lot for the help so far. Any ideas on a good fan control program?

Speedfan and RivaTuner?

They don't recognize the fan.

As for overclocking, still no luck. When I didn't have the proper drivers installed (just defaults - with no 3d support) I was allowed to overclock? But then I couldn't do any sort of gaming.

EDIT:

Tried MSI tool. Same results as AMD GPU tool. Reads the right clock settings but then doesn't let me change them. Tried 9.3, 10.2, and 9.7 drivers. :/

Edited by brobert