HWBOT Community Forums

Strange GTX 670m results

qhfreddy

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, feel free to move it if it is not in the right place.

Here goes:

I have done a few benchmarks with 3dmark06 on my GT60 (3610QM and 670m) some with strange results, could anyone with more knowledge than me explain why I may be getting the strange results.

After having some initial problems with stability on the GPU I was able to reach an 820MHz core clock while running 1600MHz on the VRAM. To make sure I was not causing problems with CPU throttling due to the power usage, I clocked my CPU at 2.6GHz. I did a few benchmarks at those settings, but strangely all of them scored lower in the SM2.0 category, and only very slightly better in SM3.0 than a previous test at 730MHz core.

Clocked at 730 core/1600 memory

Clocked at 820 core/1600 memory

I initially thought this could be because I was running the same memory clocks on the memory, but when I ran the test again the memory controller was only being used 30-40%. Next, I turned to the lower CPU clocks, which I would have thought only would affect the CPU score a lot, but this was again countered by the fact that I was only seeing 40-50% CPU usage on the cores.

So, does anyone have any idea why I am not getting higher scores in the two graphics scores?