HWBOT Community Forums

The official Rookie Rumble Cup #2 thread.

sergii.ua

I can't join because I have a 3960X.

I don't understand the answer on the twitter.

"we don't allow disabling of cores. There is a technical reason for that as our engine doesn't support that."

What engine. the HWbot prime thing? I am pretty sure everything would go perfectly well if I disable two cores in the bios. hell I wouldn't even win anything in terms of heat(which I tested).

So now because I spend abit more money on the processor it means that I have to play with the big boys? This sucks.

The technical reason is that the HWBOT engine (the name for our backend code) doesn't support disabling of cores properly. It's related to the way we organize multi-threaded benchmark rankings.

I feel your pain though, let me check with the development team if there's something we can do about this!

Edited by Massman

• 2 weeks later...
I can't join because I have a 3960X.

I don't understand the answer on the twitter.

"we don't allow disabling of cores. There is a technical reason for that as our engine doesn't support that."

What engine. the HWbot prime thing? I am pretty sure everything would go perfectly well if I disable two cores in the bios. hell I wouldn't even win anything in terms of heat(which I tested).

So now because I spend abit more money on the processor it means that I have to play with the big boys? This sucks.

The next Cup will feature scoring based on "score / cores". So the restriction for quad core has been removed :)

http://hwbot.org/news/10526_psyins_from_iran_wins_2nd_rookie_rumble_cup_3_to_start_tomorrow_also_open_to_6_cores_now/