HWBOT Community Forums

Need for verification links

I think that the title is clear enough.

I could say many thinks about verification methods but I'll use an example that will make the procedure easier for all of us.

Screenshot:

cpuz11ke0.jpg

Is it fake or not and why?

Sorry! A mistake in img tag! I think now it is better...

I think that the title is clear enough.

I could say many thinks about verification methods but I'll use an example that will make the procedure easier for all of us.

Screenshot:

cpuz11ke0.jpg

Is it fake or not and why?

I don't know... You have to tell me... Is it or not?

I try to find out how reliable is the verification method that uses screenshots...

Is it possible to block a score that's not fake because of a mistake or is it easy to recognize a fake score?

I wait for your answers....

Pusher what is the point of this? Yes it is easy to submit a faked screen shot, we all know this. HWBot submissions are done by the user. Having a moderator look at every result as they are submitted to HWBot on the level you are asking about here is impossible, that is what the report feature is all about. If you see a questionable result then take the time to submit the info so we can review it properly.

If you are asking us to change policy and prevent the use of screen shots I don't think that will happen, screen shots are one of the ways overclockers share results. If someone wants to cheat 5MHz or smtn like that let them, I don't care. The guys who really try something with screen shots are easy to spot so imo your on a wild goose chase here. Again if you want to help HWBot you can start by looking for bad results and reporting them icon12.gif

The first one, and it's kind of obvious why.

Right! But that one as you said was quiet easy...

Pusher what is the point of this? Yes it is easy to submit a faked screen shot, we all know this. HWBot submissions are done by the user. Having a moderator look at every result as they are submitted to HWBot on the level you are asking about here is impossible, that is what the report feature is all about. If you see a questionable result then take the time to submit the info so we can review it properly.

If you are asking us to change policy and prevent the use of screen shots I don't think that will happen, screen shots are one of the ways overclockers share results. If someone wants to cheat 5MHz or smtn like that let them, I don't care. The guys who really try something with screen shots are easy to spot so imo your on a wild goose chase here. Again if you want to help HWBot you can start by looking for bad results and reporting them icon12.gif

I think that verification links are required only for top 20. Right? If I'm not wrong, this means that someone can cheat more than 5 MHz and he can post only a screenshot according to the rules.

I don't say to forbid screenshots. It is the easiest way for someone to have a quick look to benches' results. But I think as long as the use of verification links is not obliging the phenomenon of cheating is impossible to stop. So simple...

I have a question on reporting. You have on HWbot some screenshots that are used as examples. And some of the programs' windows are in a red box. Is it really obliging to have them in our screenshots or this rule is out of usage?

The real question is whether CPU-z screenshots without validation are accepted here.

The same is true for other benchmarks too, like 3DMark, PCMark, SPi and so on.

My opinion is they shouldn't.

Most ppl can't crack validation.

This measure alone makes it extremely difficult for most cheaters to post fake results.

It is also much easier for anybody to check the scores and isolate those few ppl who do cheat.

So in case HWbot has a different policy, I'd suggest they should change it.

The real question is whether CPU-z screenshots without validation are accepted here.

The same is true for other benchmarks too, like 3DMark, PCMark, SPi and so on.

My opinion is they shouldn't.

Most ppl can't crack validation.

This measure alone makes it extremely difficult for most cheaters to post fake results.

It is also much easier for anybody to check the scores and isolate those few ppl who do cheat.

So in case HWbot has a different policy, I'd suggest they should change it.

You are exactly in my mind :) . It is impossible to check the authenticity of a screenshot. Even if the modification is not the best it would take much time...

We enforce strict rules for those who manage to reach the top 20.

We do not enforce these rules (just plain screenshot validation) for people who just want to do a quick bench and compare their pc with others.

If you ask us for enforcing strict rules for everyone (always online validation, paying futuremark account, etc), we will have to disappoint you. Yes, it is indeed possible to manufacture a screenshot, submit a mediocre, normal looking overclock to hwbot and get away with it. But what would you have won? A few hwboints for your team, maybe a small trophy for yourself.

You'd have to submit dozens of fake, low profile, scores in order to make a difference, and by then you are usually caught, putting shame on your team and yourself. We will not make hwbot less fun in order to prevent a few socially challenged people from trying to abuse hwbot.

I have a question on reporting. You have on HWbot some screenshots that are used as examples. And some of the programs' windows are in a red box. Is it really obliging to have them in our screenshots or this rule is out of usage?

Can someone answer this question please?