HWBOT Community Forums

Activate SLI on nvidia 169.21 drivers on win XP

mac87

hi,

It's a secret for nobody, the 169.21 forcewares are perfect for old benchmarks such as 3d01

unfortunately I can't activate SLI for my 8800gts 512 on windows XP with this drivers (mobo : Rampage II gene)

I simply don't have the SLI option in the nvidia control panel

In gpu-z on one card it's said "sli available", and on the other card is said "disabled" and gpuz thermal and frequency sensors work fine for both

(by the way both are recognized by windows)

The strangest is that if I install the 185.85 forcewares, I have the SLI option in the nvidia control panel and the sli can be enabled easily

Does someone have a trick to activate SLI with the 169.21 forcewares on win XP ???

I know it's possible as seen on hwbot screenshots

Edited by mac87

• Crew

It won't work. Drivers have a check in order not to work on systems not certified for SLI. Before, the requirement was "only NV chipset". After X58, NVIDIA had to certify SLI for these ones because they weren't allowed to make their own chipset.

So the drivers added support and then there was a hack to make any system to behave as X58. And since it overrides a new defense mechanism, this will work only with new drivers.

So probably you've seen 169.21 results on 780i/790i chipsets.

It won't work. Drivers have a check in order not to work on systems not certified for SLI. Before, the requirement was "only NV chipset". After X58, NVIDIA had to certify SLI for these ones because they weren't allowed to make their own chipset.

So the drivers added support and then there was a hack to make any system to behave as X58. And since it overrides a new defense mechanism, this will work only with new drivers.

So probably you've seen 169.21 results on 780i/790i chipsets.

Yeah I've checked scores and I think you're absolutly right

I'll check the sli hack unless my X58 mobo is sli capable

I don't know how this hack works but maybe it fools the drivers by exhibiting a nv chipset

I'll give a try and post feed back here

Thanks a lot

No, the recent hack says that the system has X58 installed with the required activation key. But since the X58 key feature was implemented in new drivers, the hack will work only with them. It doesn't make the system you have NV chipset.

ok so there is no solution

I'll then focus on single card

thanks for answering