HWBOT Community Forums

3DMark 2001 SE error (never seen this)

miahallen

You can also just double click the "details.txt"in the "C:\Documents and Settings\name\Local Settings\Temp" folder. and it will just open with notepad. You could also make a short cut of the "details.txt" to your desktop. And then just double click the "details.txt". As it would be faster then manually browsing and opening it. I haven't had time to test to see but when you restart 3dmark 2001se, it should clear the old details.txt results.

If it doesn't work like that. I wrote a quick .bat file to delete the file for you.

DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\your name here\Local Settings\Temp\details.txt"

Paste this in notepad and change the your name to the correct folder name.

Once you do, name it and save it as the 3dmark 2001 clear text.bat.

This will then clear the results after you view them. But in order to still use the shortcut "details.txt", you will have to click the "show details" on the benchmark. This works great if you are going to just leave open 3dmark 2001se and keep doing test. As this is what will generate the new details.txt to be able to read it using the details.txt shortcut.

It is a 3 stepped progress but it does work. Perhaps i will try to do a vbscript tonight. Or someone else might be able to do it faster. As i just wanted a fast fix. Thanks

Edited by KILLER_K

• 2 months later...

I'm gettiong this error an a maximus IV gene-z with a hd6970 and a gtx580. when i open said file in notepad it seems to have found over 300 pci-e slots??

all devices are recognised in device manager and i have tested both cards on big bang marshall ok

edit; cpu is i7 2600k