HWBOT Community Forums

3DMark 2001 SE error (never seen this)

miahallen

01 isn't supported by FM anymore, ORB is gone for this bench.

and how does this help in any way? why not trying to help instead beeing like FM.... :rolleyes:

Is it an old windows which you ran 01 a zillion times? try what turrican said I think it'll help.

Another possibility (but I don't think that will happen with a bench windows) you have installed it with User a and now you are logged-in as User b and don't have write access to that specific folder. check the user rights then.

01 isn't supported by FM anymore, ORB is gone for this bench.

Thats why I posted my question here, and not at FM ;)

as soon as you click on "show details" a "details.txt" file is created under c:\documents and settings\your-username\temp\ which shows just what you see in "show details".

delete it and try again. :)

Tried that already...build is brand new. When I delete the file then click the button to open the details again...the file re-creates itself.

This is the BZ XP build.....I think I'm gonna try another build, I think it's the first time I've ever tried to run 01 on his OS.

Is there a switch to disable this like we had in other FM 3DMarks?

Not that I know of. I think it wasn't seen as needed because no matter what the 3DMark 2001SE detection code gets, the benchmark runs ignoring all that completely. It would only affect submits (no longer supported) and viewing of detailed results.

Patch probability = 0%. Sorry.

Edited by FM_Jarnis

I just got done building a new stripped 01 build with SP3 slipstreamed in.

I loaded up with 182.50 drivers and a GTX 285

Still running the 2600K

EXACT SAME ISSUE :(

I just had the same - are you running "a new" platform? had this with 2600K and 465 GTX...

Yes, this was with 2600K & 580...

My guess: "too new" hardware totally confusing the ancient hardware detection routines of 3DMark 2001...

Even though support has been dropped, we do appreciate your comments on the matter, thanks :)

Shouldn't be a problem. I got perfectly valid runs with 2600K and GTX480.

YGPM

My guess: "too new" hardware totally confusing the ancient hardware detection routines of 3DMark 2001...

seems to depend on the mobo not gpu - the more "unknown devices" shown in xp device manager the higher the probability of recieving the error... :)

seems to depend on the mobo not gpu - the more "unknown devices" shown in xp device manager the higher the probability of recieving the error... :)

Does it still appear if all drivers are loaded so there are no unknown devices? What about if you disable the unknown devices?

Does it still appear if all drivers are loaded so there are no unknown devices? What about if you disable the unknown devices?

i never install drivers on my bench-systems :D but disabling the devices was something I wanted to test for quite a while now. I will report back after testing maybe tomorrow afternoon.