HWBOT Community Forums

Ryzen on Win7 Win10

Lio40

Can someone help me with my new Am4 System?

My System:

Ryzen 7 1800x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

G.Skill Trident Z

1200Watt PSU

and a bunch of GPU`s i wana bench

First it all workt out perfect. Installing CPU, MOBO, RAM and all was no Problem.

I installed Win 10 Home Premium,

updated BIOS on the Crosshair to 5704,

benchd some 2d Benches and uploadet them

then i got 10 E-mails (one of your submissions has been blocked) Win 10 not allowed with AMD Ryzen

I was pretty pissed. But ok thats the Rules.

The next Day i tried installing Win 7. And its pretty much impossible.

USB does not work on Win7 so Keyboard and mouse do not work. (i tried all USB 3.0 and 2.0 Ports)

Asus Crosshair does not have any PS2 Port, so i installed Win 7 on a different System. and tried to boot with Ryzen. And what should i say... it doas Not work.

I have seen the guide on anandtech

How To Get Ryzen Working on Windows 7 x64

but it seems to be almost impossible to use the new AMD CPU`s on HWBOT (wich i have been waiting for Years)

I think there are a Lot of Submissions wich have been blocked and i really think there must be an easier way for AMD user to be compatible on HWBOT.

(btw sry 4 bad english)

May be http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ASUS_EZInstaller_V10310.zip will work for you also.

It creates a win7 install medium (dvd iso or USB stick) with usb3.0 and ahci drivers included from your win7 install dvd. Install on NVMe M2 media is supported also(optional).

A pdf with step-by-step instructions is included.

I will install it on the weekend on my new system:

Ryzen 7 1700X

32 GB RAM( 2x16GB) Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15

Asus Prime X370 pro

Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB

I'm planning on installing Windows 7 and all the updates using a A88X board, installing the C6H drivers, then booting the Win 7 drive on the C6H. Microsoft also said that they were going to actively block updates for modern CPUs on Win 7. In any case, a giant PITA.

Microsoft also said that they were going to actively block updates for modern CPUs on Win 7.
Yesterday I got all updates for a new installed win7(sp1).
In any case, a giant PITA.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Installation runs like a charm from a usb 3.0 stick created with: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...ler_V10310.zip

Beware the choice of the correct usb device if you have more then one connected. The tool has overwritten the MBR of my external 4TB backup harddisk. :mad: Now all data rescued with testdisk tool. :ws: