HWBOT Community Forums

Unable to flash evbot? :(

Hi Folks!

Been struggling to get my evbot flashed for a 980ti classy kpe so wondering if someone here might be able to help.

When I run the flash tool, it starts np. I press the evbot power button about 7 seconds until the display shows that it's in flash mode. When I click to start the flashing process, I get an immediate "cannot find evbot device" error.

Have tried flashing it many times but, most recently, using a clean/fresh install of 7x64. Everything on the vga card is at stock/normal. Have also tried with a number of vga drivers, no go (currently trying with 347.09). Have also tried with a number of different versions of the flash tool but still nada. :(

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Should the evbot show up in device manager (it's not)? Any ideas??

Tia!

I've been using the version of the flash tool toward the bottom of this post: kingpincooling.com - View Single Post - [uncork] EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti K|NGP|N : Full OC Guide

Edited by funsoul

Hi Folks!

Been struggling to get my evbot flashed for a 980ti classy kpe so wondering if someone here might be able to help.

When I run the flash tool, it starts np. I press the evbot power button about 7 seconds until the display shows that it's in flash mode. When I click to start the flashing process, I get an immediate "cannot find evbot device" error.

Have tried flashing it many times but, most recently, using a clean/fresh install of 7x64. Everything on the vga card is at stock/normal. Have also tried with a number of vga drivers, no go (currently trying with 347.09). Have also tried with a number of different versions of the flash tool but still nada. :(

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Should the evbot show up in device manager (it's not)? Any ideas??

Tia!

I've been using the version of the flash tool toward the bottom of this post: kingpincooling.com - View Single Post - [uncork] EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti K|NGP|N : Full OC Guide

it doesnt show up in device manager, have you tried things like putting evbot into flash mode before opening the flash tool, or opening program first then putting in flash mode, there was something funny like that I had to do a couple times, i havent done it for a long time, having trouble remembering. try some wierd stuff like that

also cant remember if important but did you use the mb port all the way on left side of evbot

Edited by Strong Island