HWBOT Community Forums

wPrime bad situation

Hello, i've registered yesterday on hwbot and i have lots of old hardware that i decided to bench with but something ruined that and i will explain what happened.

i started to bench a k6-2 333mhz and i obtained this scores :

--- wPrime 32m version 1.55 - 801,874 seconds

--- wPrime 32m version 1.53 - 588,064 seconds

on the k6-2 333mhz wPrime 32m test who is in the 1st place with 682,631 seconds had used wPrime version 1.53

the wPrime specific rules say that it's mandatory to use ONLY the wPrime version 1.55 but the hwbot user that i'm talking about submitted his score before the implementation of this rule and probably before the release of the version 1.55 of wPrime

my k6-2 333mhz it's running faster than his but if i submit the score with wprime 1.53 probably i will see my result deleted and if i submit the score with wPrime 1.55 i will probably be the last on the k6-2 333mhz category

what should i do now? on this situations it shouldn't exist some kind of tolerance?

this link proves what i'm saying : http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k62333wprime153vs155ao1.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by WoOx3r[Pt]
put a image link to prove what i reported

Hi WoOx3r[Pt], hwbot have many bugs and hole in rules, for example if you want add score with 1.53 version you should do it in wprime program with "Submit scores" option, valid will be good, so? Is it cheating?

Simply, yes. The rules very very clearly state v1.55 should be used. If you do, when the score is spotted by someone else it will be blocked as the notes will show it was not added by wprime v1.55 - it is possible to tell.

Plus guys, come on. If you feel the need to run v1.53 just to beat someone in a benchmark and CHEAT, then you really need to sort your life out.

I'll admit the rule is frustrating to some, but it's impossible to please everyone with this situation.

just one observation - the guy that i passed with wprime 1.53 have the 1st place and a gold cup and he used wprime 1.53 too ok? in this situation this is cheating?

when the user that i am talking about posted his score the version 1.55 of wprime wasnt the adopted hwbot version.

this is the hole on hwbot wprime specific rule. imagine that in 1 day wprime 1.53 is a mandatory version and in the 2nd day the 1.55 is the mandatory version, the 1.55 is slower than the 1.53, SO I CAN'T PASS A WORSE 1.53 SCORE POSTED ON DAY ONE USING 1.53 ON DAY TWO BECAUSE ITS MANDATORY TO USE A SLOWER PROGRAM (1.55), SO THIS WAY ON WPRIME CATEGORY SOME SCORES WILL BE UNTOUCHABLE FOREVER.

had you understanded the problem now?

i just see this maners of resolving this problem:

1-let the wprime scores be passed by higher scores using the same version of wprime

2-delete all scores of wprime that wasn't made with version 1.55

I'm *SO* glad I don't bench that old HW, this problem would make me go nuts:) I'm usually happy with the decisions made by the crew, but not this one. Sure, it's not easy to find a solution that works, but leaving a benchmark "unbenchable" is unacceptable IMO. I wonder if 1.55 would've been approved if C2D/C2Q-scores were affected in the same way... that would make things interesting:)

I'm *SO* glad I don't bench that old HW, this problem would make me go nuts:) I'm usually happy with the decisions made by the crew, but not this one. Sure, it's not easy to find a solution that works, but leaving a benchmark "unbenchable" is unacceptable IMO. I wonder if 1.55 would've been approved if C2D/C2Q-scores were affected in the same way... that would make things interesting:)

yes i agree, a benching website made for the benching community cannot leave one benchmark ''unbenchable'', this is a huge problem, if one guy can post his score with version 1.53 and now we have to use version 1.55 this score will be untouchable, it's just not fair, i think everybody deserves the same rights here on hwbot dont you agree?

i agree with hwbot rules and for me its the best website made for the benchers ever created, one thing that i simply loved in hwbot and much more people that i know and convinced me to join hwbot was the fact that you don't have to bench TOP hardware to move up in the ranks, but this rule was made completely against that because this version alteration don't have the same impact on old hardware as on new hardware.

if a guy beats a record with version 1.53 we can only have a ''fair benching battle'' if we can use the same things as him to bench. the wprime versions are not compatible and everibody knows that, on an 800sec calculation the 1.53 gives me about 200sec less and i can't recover from such a HUGE difference.

i am just exposing my problem because i don't want to break the rules, please understand me and, if you guys can, tell me what to do about this, i had made a better score than the other guy and i don't want to leave this situation like this, i deserve that gold cup and i have no fault in wanting to have it, if this happens with some of you, you will probably not be happy about it.

WoOx3r[Pt] We have been through this a lot before and I completely understand where you are coming from, imo it is unfair and very frustrating and the MAIN reason why I stopped benching older hardware.

Like you I was stressing my hardware and pushing it to the point of destroying it just to get close to people with way lower clocks on the earlier version of wprime, this issue is still a problem.

I fully understand your frustration and I am sorry for it.

I hope a new version that works with old and new hw arrives as jmke suggests then maybe I can get out my old hw out again and have another go at some wprime records.

Edited by BUSTAMOVE

Thank you people for your attention and i hope like many of you that this issue its going to be solved because this way wprime test to me it's just dead, unfortunately it's my second favourite benchmark (the first it's super pi :P) but life it's like this...

thanks for the answers guys and keep up ;)

The best solution would be to make a new version which has BOTH calculation methods, as well as the cheat protection from 1.55. On the startup screen you could choose between 1.53 and 1.55 versions of 32m and 1024m.

Hmmnn This sounds good if its possible to code.