HWBOT Community Forums

GTX1060 FE vMod [uP9509]

Hey guys, 

i have recently spent lots of time figuring out vMod for GTX1060 6GB and also other Pascal uP9509 based GPUs, as this VRM IC doesnt support i2c bus, rather than that it utilizes PWMVID tech. Also BIOS mod isn't that easy on Pascal. 

Yesterday i managed to find picture with pinout for the VRM IC, also tried vMod on my GTX1060, works just fine, although didn't test yet beyond 1.2v as there was no more time left. GPU seems to scale a bit, managed to get 2180mhz from previous 2100Mhz max. During the weekend will bench the GPU to see what is it capable of, wish me luck :)

If anyone wants to know how to do HW power mod on Pascal, you can just do the same thing as I did> solder 10ohm resistors on top of SMD caps around INA3221. You can also use 0805 SMD resistors, so it wont look as bad, but i dont bother much :) 

Hope the IC pinout will help someone :) also if u have any ideas feel free to share. Will appreciate

Happy clockin"

AC_UP9509P.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

• Like 1