HWBOT Community Forums

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning thread

A thread dedicated to Discussion, Problems, News and OC stuff around MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning. Will be updated constantly.

// Info about MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning // 
- Uses custom PCB (3x 8Pin), basically reference but with digital ICs : 8-Phase MP2888 and MP2884. Can handle up to 700A on LN2
- Samsung GDDR6 instead of Micron, clocks better with also improved timings (depends on used BIOS)
- Beefy cooling solution, though I recommend using watercooling as Turing full boost is under 60C.
- Stock LN2 bios allows voltage change for vMem (memory voltage) and AUXs voltages (PLLs) those two are not necessary unless on LN2.
- Max power limit is set to 380W with 108% set in Afterburner its 400W max, NDA LN2 bios is fully unlocked with up to 1000W power limit. Also Core Voltage is unlocked (Custom Afterburner (ABX) needed!!!)

XOC Guide :
HERE : 

Issues :
MSI card somehow is scanning everything on PCB, checking for "dead" voltages or malfunctions and if it detects something like an unplugged fan (my case because I'm on waterblock) it goes into safe mode.
Please use this BIOS to fix this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s0vewi7gg...RF_Ln2.7z?dl=0

Few words from me :
1) If u want higher power limit or LN2 NDA bios with ABX don't bother unless you're LN2 overclocker, it's extremely hard to get hold of this, also u will need Guide from MSI for HW mods which are needed in order to unlock card.
2) There is a work-around for power limit, you will need to flash BIOS with high-power limit - Galax OC Lab 2000W works fine with card, Core voltage is up to 1.2V.

-- If you want to ask or discuss, please comment below this thread, thanks for reading and lets all have fun with this card ! --

lightning.png

Edited by Slovak_Killer

I am reading the thread and clearly , thanks for you and very important info about MSI video card.

I need unlock voltage with W up from Galax OC Lab 2000W or NDA MSI.

Can you contact me at PM.

I am from EU and support its only public and very bit little.

Thanks for support 

14 hours ago, Ximi said:

I am reading the thread and clearly , thanks for you and very important info about MSI video card.

Thanks for support 

Galax NVVDD wont work with Lightning and you need custom Afterburner for voltage tweaking which even I dont have. 

Thanks friend , and Bios you has , can you send me PM ?

I have until software public , but with good bios can up clocks very well.

The MSI AB unlock voltages Auxiliars on my actual Bios LN2.

Edited by Ximi

On 4/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, Ximi said:

Thanks friend , and Bios you has , can you send me PM ?

I have until software public , but with good bios can up clocks very well.

The MSI AB unlock voltages Auxiliars on my actual Bios LN2.

Use kingpin bios for bigger power limit. I cant share my NDA

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/12/2019 at 8:03 PM, Joakim10 said:

Thanks for support 

I’m trying to get galax 2000w bios for Aorus waterforce extreme 2080ti, running 450w but need more power still power limited and only hitting 21c peak fully loaded. Thank you, pm me please. 

It’s not so much solved but I tried a couple other bios to see how they work. Honestly the galax HOF 450w is the best bios I’ve used for nothing extreme. I run the kingpin XOC but wouldn’t recommend for normal water cooling because at ambient Water temps of 21-25c I got same performance as galax HOF 450w bios. But on 3-10c water temp it’s a modest difference in benchmark scores of 1000+ points. 
min not using an msi 2080ti, I have a Aorus waterforce extreme spirit your results will very based off of silicon quality and vrm design

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 6:23 AM, iamturbo said:

I’m trying to get galax 2000w bios for Aorus waterforce extreme 2080ti, running 450w but need more power still power limited and only hitting 21c peak fully loaded. Thank you, pm me please. 

Hi i have the same Card and the same problem. Did you manage to solve the problem? or can anybody help with this?

The best thing would be the following:

Power Limit: Unlimited | Overvoltage: Yes (up to 1.125V) | Voltage/Frequency Curve Editor: Enabled | 2D Clocks: Core (Yes) / Memory (Yes) | Fan Adjustable: Yes 

never mind i found it. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/216553/galaxy-rtx2080ti-11264-181010

my bad. sry.

I will try flashing it and will give feedback

Edit:

tried but:

XUSB FW component of the input GPU firmware image is imcompatible

its like the firmware image is too new, to flash this one.

if anybody have some suggestions it would be great.

Edited by kamueone

On 2/14/2020 at 7:51 PM, kamueone said:

never mind i found it. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/216553/galaxy-rtx2080ti-11264-181010

my bad. sry.

I will try flashing it and will give feedback

Edit:

tried but:

XUSB FW component of the input GPU firmware image is imcompatible

its like the firmware image is too new, to flash this one.

if anybody have some suggestions it would be great.

Your card is probably newer one, the firmware on your card is too "new" for this bios so bad luck for u, u cant use galax bios.

Hello all.

I have downloaded and tried a lot of bios from here and I am unable to get the 1.2 v core.. I tried the XOC pack and replaced the afterburner file with no luck.. the best I can do is the Kingpin bios which allows 1.125 volt.. But the Classified tool seems to no respond to the card no matter what settings? 

I have a FE 2080 Ti ....  is there ANY way I can get the 1.2 volt core? 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:03 PM, LasseK1981 said:

Hello all.

I have downloaded and tried a lot of bios from here and I am unable to get the 1.2 v core.. I tried the XOC pack and replaced the afterburner file with no luck.. the best I can do is the Kingpin bios which allows 1.125 volt.. But the Classified tool seems to no respond to the card no matter what settings? 

I have a FE 2080 Ti ....  is there ANY way I can get the 1.2 volt core? 

As I mentioned its only for MP2888A based RTX Lightning which u dont have, no i cant provide voltage support for FE card