HWBOT Community Forums

775 Rex

ozzie

i bought this board off here some time ago now, never tried it out until the last few days, it was a full box rex with everything there, was told it was never tested as the guy had 5 of them, was wondering if anyone has come across this before in their Rex ?

the HDD yellow just behind the 1-2 sata ports flashes on and off in sequence with the LED HDD light on the front panel connector constantly, once the hdd is recognised both should go out, unless the hdd is under operation then the hdd LED light should flash itermittently as per its usage as i understand it to be but feel the yellow HDD light on the board should not be on

also it wont recognise an external usb HDD in the usb ports or from the usb connectors directly from the mobo in their hubs, but will recognise a usb stick and reads it or them perfectly

other than this the board is going fine and working well

any input would be appreciated thx

ozz

Hi ozzie. I have the same issue with my hdd led sometimes - it does not affect anything in terms of performance and may probably be caused by voltiminder settings in bios. Never checked it though.

Regarding external hdd - does it have two usb plugs (to get power from two usb connectors)? Single connection may be not sufficient sometimes - had same issues years ago and replacement of usb cable fixed it for me.

hey terra, thx for the reply man, no its not affecting the performance at all that i can see, i had an e8500 in it and did 600 @ around 5100+ mhz i think it was or so fsb for testing it, on xp sp3

i read in an asus thread it maybe caused in windows by the hdd idexing being not being disabled, but it didnt say what board it was on, so thats one thing i read on it, i dont know anything about that side of it anyway lol

the external is just a simple usb external hdd, theres 3 usb hubs on the board, towards the rear of the board on the left side from the front panel connectors, usb 1112, 910 and 78, tried on all, the light comes on with 2 but theres no flashing of the hdd to read it, same on the usb backplane usb ports, nothing comes up on screen to says its seen, never had this issue with any other board prior

It blinks even with OS selection so not indexing for sure. Probably disabling unused sata ports would fix an issue with blinking - as sata supports hot-plug, that led may just be a standby indicator for unused ports.

I had usb hdd with the the cable like this

usb.jpg.b86232d8fd8f08e6ad14fdf60815f302.jpg

one connection with 500mA was not enough to spin up the hdd.

thats interesting terra thx, actually a very experienced benching friend  was here with me with it yesterday and he was talking about the mA thing to me, his rex doesnt do it but "think" he said his asus commando did it, something to do with not enough volts supplied for it i think20190724_202358.thumb.jpg.eebff38ccfd33f5b040150f4e6936c71.jpg,  

the cable used was just a straight usb to usb cable from the external to the usb cable from the motherboard hub which has been always what ive used for usb sticks and any externals with any board ive benched with

Edited by ozzie

i would have thought the bloke i bought this off would have chimed in by now to try help with this issue , he was on here the other day, after i spoke with him about it, so at a good guess i reckon hes read the thread so far

his bot name, i will with hold for now , and ive been in pm with him about the issues but seems , we got so far with it and now no more replies back from him with it

pretty sad really ,when im not or never have asked for any compensation, all i want is the truth, and some help with the issues that came with the board

other than how terra has tried to help me with it for which i thank him for his input :)

Edited by ozzie