HWBOT Community Forums

Binning locked Sandy bridge cpus

twopaca

• Crew
1 hour ago, Mythical tech said:

One of my chips can almost do 2400 mhz but it has to do it with the 2133 divider and bclk to get there. It might be able to do more but my boards tops out at about 111mhz so I can't get it above 2350

so why promote 2400, that's rather rare than random, Twopaca will search for the impossible....

maybe you can try to drop one mem divider and it could be your board surpasses 111....

Sandy IMC is not that super,  some can do 2250-2300ish tight, others won't even make it to 2000 when bclocking... especially the IMC on these locked CPU's are in general so so 

All depends on CPU blockability/ IMC quality / memory use/  motehrboard and benchmark that you run, I'm only interested in 32M stable btw, no need for 2300+ ,on wprime ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

so why promote 2400, that's rather rare than random, Twopaca will search for the impossible....

maybe you can try to drop one mem divider and it could be your board surpasses 111....

Sandy IMC is not that super,  some can do 2250-2300ish tight, others won't even make it to 2000 when bclocking... especially the IMC on these locked CPU's are in general so so 

All depends on CPU blockability/ IMC quality / memory use/  motehrboard and benchmark that you run, I'm only interested in 32M stable btw, no need for 2300+ ,on wprime ?

I was promoting 2133 for binning standards. "If it can't do 2133 on air I would not bother with it" I think there might have been an initial confusion between 2400mhz and i5 2400 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1