HWBOT Community Forums

Lenovo Factory Settings - Skylake 6700k

Wondering if anyone has a second to take a look at the settings that Lenovo set for overclocking the PC I purchased from them? 84*C max seems like its a bit too high of a frequency to be running at without liquid cooling (came stock with regular fans), The graph settings I had enabled looked good I wish I knew more (need to study some more) One day soon I'm going to add some extra cooling and possibly more ram but I would like to get the right settings in so I don't fry the PC its been an awesome PC so far just had to deal with Windows 10 mainly. I don't know much at all about OC'ing yet but I have played around a bit with the intel XTU software and the bios cpu settings (auto/lenovo map) and noticed over clocking is pretty awesome, seems to run higher settings with much less heat. Any info would be appreciated 84* seems far too hot my thoughts are lenovo should of made it 4.3 ghz  instead of 4.4 without the liquid cooling to go with it. Currently I just try to keep GPU or CPU temp under 70 while gaming but 84 is the highest the XTU software has ever recorded.

https://hwbot.org/xtu/share/1336914?clientVersion=6.5.2.40

Edited by 5280Mike303