HWBOT Community Forums

The official OC4 Japan E-Quake thread.

placid

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to personally thank you for your donation of $ 1007,00 on April 25, 2011 to the Tohoku relief effort through CRASH Japan. Your gift is being used to bring restoration to the devastated areas and share hope and the love of Christ with the survivors of Japan’s March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

As you may know, the mission of CRASH Japan, which is endorsed by the Japan Evangelical Missionary Association (JEMA) and the Japan Evangelical Association (JEA), is to equip Christians in Japan to be ready when disaster strikes to show the love of Jesus in practical and effective ways. We do this by providing a model of action, accurate information and volunteer training to a broad network of churches and ministries across Japan and around the world. Thank you so much for partnering with us to help make this outreach possible.

To give you an idea of the type of projects and relief support your gift has been instrumental in, we would like to share what was accomplished through CRASH Japan with the help of our volunteers and ministry partners such as yourself in the first three weeks after the disaster:

• Delivered over 30 tons of relief supplies, including food, diapers, hygiene products, soap, toilet paper, bicycles, clothing, blankets, water and bedding and has been involved with distribution of larger amounts in cooperation with other aid organizations.

• Mobilized over 100 volunteers into the disaster areas doing assessment, delivering supplies, mucking out homes, performing light demolition, emotional care and various other roles.

• Had over 300 volunteers at HQ serving in various roles, everything from warehouse management, answering phones and food service to volunteer training, producing media and coordinating base operations in support of sending thousands of volunteers over the coming months and the long-term recovery of the region.

• Established 4 regional bases of operations in Iwate, Miyagi, Tochigi and Ibaraki and numerous relationships with churches and ministries through whom we are serving local communities affected by the disaster.

• Developed partnerships with over 50 ministries, denominations, missions and associations both within and without Japan representing millions of Christians who want to help love on Japan in the name of Jesus Christ.

None of this would be possible without the help of our partners. Again, we would like to thank you for supporting CRASH Japan and for your gift of love to the Tohoku region. Please continue to pray as we work together to share hope in Japan.

God Bless You,

Jonathan Wilson, Director CRASH Japan

E-mail from CRASH :D

We would like to personally thank you for your donation of $ 1007,00 on April 25, 2011 to the Tohoku relief effort through CRASH Japan. Your gift is being used to bring restoration to the devastated areas and share hope and the love of Christ with the survivors of Japan’s March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

As you may know, the mission of CRASH Japan, which is endorsed by the Japan Evangelical Missionary Association (JEMA) and the Japan Evangelical Association (JEA), is to equip Christians in Japan to be ready when disaster strikes to show the love of Jesus in practical and effective ways. We do this by providing a model of action, accurate information and volunteer training to a broad network of churches and ministries across Japan and around the world. Thank you so much for partnering with us to help make this outreach possible.

To give you an idea of the type of projects and relief support your gift has been instrumental in, we would like to share what was accomplished through CRASH Japan with the help of our volunteers and ministry partners such as yourself in the first three weeks after the disaster:

• Delivered over 30 tons of relief supplies, including food, diapers, hygiene products, soap, toilet paper, bicycles, clothing, blankets, water and bedding and has been involved with distribution of larger amounts in cooperation with other aid organizations.

• Mobilized over 100 volunteers into the disaster areas doing assessment, delivering supplies, mucking out homes, performing light demolition, emotional care and various other roles.

• Had over 300 volunteers at HQ serving in various roles, everything from warehouse management, answering phones and food service to volunteer training, producing media and coordinating base operations in support of sending thousands of volunteers over the coming months and the long-term recovery of the region.

• Established 4 regional bases of operations in Iwate, Miyagi, Tochigi and Ibaraki and numerous relationships with churches and ministries through whom we are serving local communities affected by the disaster.

• Developed partnerships with over 50 ministries, denominations, missions and associations both within and without Japan representing millions of Christians who want to help love on Japan in the name of Jesus Christ.

None of this would be possible without the help of our partners. Again, we would like to thank you for supporting CRASH Japan and for your gift of love to the Tohoku region. Please continue to pray as we work together to share hope in Japan.

God Bless You,

Jonathan Wilson, Director CRASH Japan

E-mail from CRASH :D

Got my prize box!

Zomg, ramen!

ramen1.jpg

Lots of ramen!

ramen2.jpg

(Ignore the scribble. Whoops.)

Ready to mount to a fermi and cook it up!

ramen3.jpg

Official Ramen Cooling Method.

ramen4.jpg

Seriously, lots of ramen. That's a 775 chip in the middle there.

ramen5.jpg

Many thanks to Kal-El for throwing the contest, supporting CRASH's efforts, and offering up such entertaining prizes!

Final note: Package1 was pretty tasty.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to personally thanks everyone who participated one more time. And provide another update for our church. We are independent, but have been working closely with the CRASH organization, and much of the funding for projects we're involved with comes from them. So you have had a direct impact on what I have been involved with, thank you!

***I am not a representative of CRASH, and I am simply bringing you my personal perspective of the situation, my thoughts and comments are my own***

Every week since the disaster, members of our church have driven to and spent 3-4 days a week supporting relief efforts in the disaster struck region. Much of the work for the first month or two was making required connections to prepare for the "long haul" of support. The Japanese government and the self defense force has done a tremendous job (IMO) getting the immediate physical needs of the people met. However, the real battle will be caring for the victims over the next few year as the government is now about finished with its mission, and is pulling out of the area. That is where the independent organizations come in, and the ground work laid over the first few months was essential to our long term mission.

A good friend of mine named Micah has just finished Bible school at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, he is the son of the pastor of my church, and was born and raised here in Japan. He is completely fluent in Japanese and English. He just came back from the states and will be staying in Otsuchi for the next few months to act as a local liaison for our ongoing efforts with the local communities.

I've been to the disaster area with my family twice now, and I wanted to share some pictures from my trips. The first was on April 14th, we drove a car full of supplies to one of the shelters in Miyako, and spent the rest of the day helping out at a volunteer shelter that had been temporarily set up in the bottom floor of a hotel that took heavy damage from the tsunami. Here is my album from the day.

Yesterday (June 4th), we drove a bunch of American meat from the Misawa AFB up north, down the coast to Otsuchi to BBQ lunch for a bunch of victims living in shelters in the area. Here are is my album from that trip.

Edited by miahallen