HWBOT Community Forums

[WTB][US] AOpen i975Xa-YDG

TheMajorTechie

Hello,

I've been messing around with a lower-end AOpen Socket M motherboard to see how far I can push Intel's final 32-bit P6 core (Core Duo T2700) under modern workloads. I've been searching high and low on the internet for an AOpen i975Xa-YDG motherboard so that I can push the chip even further than what's possible with the i945-based MoDT board I've been using so far. Most recently, I've been experimenting with whether or not it is still possible to play a handful of modern games that for some insane reason still support 32-bit OSes, with a special focus on Minecraft since an announcement from earlier this year "officially" drops support for 64-bit systems (it didn't).

I'm aware that there is a Taobao listing for the board, but it does not appear to ship to the US and I don't have a way to purchase it anyway even if it did. I'd like to see how much further I can get this old chip to go when removing the limitations of my current board, which can only push the FSB up to about 190MHz stable. The much wider possible range of FSB values combined with it being an enthusiast-grade chipset should hopefully bode well for future overclocking endeavors based on what I've seen from old reviewers pushing the lower-end T2400 chips past 3.0GHz.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have x6 motherboards, if I have time, I will check which one is 100% operational, if you are interested Almost all motherboards exceed 250FSB without difficulties, they use a BIOS compatible with Win10 x64

T2300.jpg

T5300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 9:54 AM, Xevi said:

Hi,

I have x6 motherboards, if I have time, I will check which one is 100% operational, if you are interested Almost all motherboards exceed 250FSB without difficulties, they use a BIOS compatible with Win10 x64

T2300.jpg

T5300.jpg

Ooh, I'd certainly be interested!