HWBOT Community Forums

Benching on a cluster

Hi Guys,

in the next months (but I don't know exactly when) I might be able to run Wprime on a cluster based on several computers.

This cluster is now running on Linux, but I think (but not 100% sure) I (or another guy from my work) will be able to install a windows emulator like Wine on it.

What kind of validation can I propose in order to get the results accepted because I'm not sure the validation tool will work on this cluster.

CPU-Z windows won't show the cluster processors, since I access this cluster through another computer, so CPU-Z will only show info about the computer I'm physically working on (it can be a Pentium s478). I'm a running jobs on the cluster thanks to a ssh command. Do not ask me more about this ssh thing because I'm a not the guy in charge of this cluster and I don't know how it works.

The command /proc/cpuinfo will show some informations but not all of them I think.

Any advice?

Thanks

Linux distribution software is not allowed, WINE runs on Linux so is not allowed either.

The only allowed OS to be used is Windows-based.

Ok, I didn't know about this... Too bad...

What are the reasons? Cheating on Linux is really easy?