HWBOT Community Forums

Wrong position for time (0.01s difference)

We can indeed not change this. In the beginning, superpi only reported seconds, not milliseconds. Our database was configured to hold 2 fractions after the digit, but not more.

Changing the accuracy would mean a lot of unforeseen implications with the bot scanning... so it's not easy to change.

We can indeed not change this. In the beginning, superpi only reported seconds, not milliseconds. Our database was configured to hold 2 fractions after the digit, but not more.

Changing the accuracy would mean a lot of unforeseen implications with the bot scanning... so it's not easy to change.

As a temporary fix, change one of the scores by 0.01s. The best would be to lower the worse one, as there's a pretty huge gap between 4th and 5th place.

I know it's not ideal, but it solves the ranking issue (at least until someone gets a .87s score:D)

Thank you knopflerbruce, that's a good idea :)

Are the hwbot mods ok with me changing my time to be 0.01s faster so I get the correct position? The score doesn't have global points, so the score change would only affect the hardware points.

Thanks.

jmke, I'm not going to do anything that hwbot doesn't want me to do - as you've explained, hwbot only works to 2dp.

What I'm asking for is special dispensation from hwbot to make a change that gives me the position and points that I should have already.

It's only a 3rd place Q8200, and 0.5 points we're talking about, so it's no big deal - it's not like it's a world record! :D

but he can correctly claim that he filled out his score correctly . so this won't do as a solution...

Don't you think it's better to have a correct rank, than to have a 0.01s error for a result? You can always ask him to delete the score and reupload it, THEN it should be behind. If he refueses to try that it's obvious he doesnt want to give the rank to it's rightful owner;)

PS: perhaps you can "force" the slower score behind the better by changing it to that 0.01s lower, and after a few hours change it back? Then paybe the engine thinks it's newer as the time was modified after the better result was submitted.

Thanks for replying jmke, thanks for asking rb and I like your thinking on the faster time ;)

I know I asked before, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself but you didn't answer the question in my last post...Can you say whether it's ok for me to modify my time 0.01s faster so that I get the correct points and rank? Yes, it would have the wrong time, but it doesn't affect global points, and it would be "getting around" the 2 dp problem. As knopflerbruce says...

Don't you think it's better to have a correct rank, than to have a 0.01s error for a result? You can always ask him to delete the score and reupload it, THEN it should be behind. If he refueses to try that it's obvious he doesnt want to give the rank to it's rightful owner;)

PS: perhaps you can "force" the slower score behind the better by changing it to that 0.01s lower, and after a few hours change it back? Then paybe the engine thinks it's newer as the time was modified after the better result was submitted.

Can you answer these suggestions please?