HWBOT Community Forums

Please help me for I am new.

Greetings, and let me just say thanks in advance to anyone who offers any kind of assistance to me what so ever. Thank you! :D

Okay for starters, I just recently discovered this community by chance. I google'd "worlds fastest XXXXCPU" and this was honestly the only resource that I paid any attention to. I followed the link that led me to a page of a cpuid posting. And Im already familiar with that program. So I fumble around till I get to the HWBot homepage. I read up a bit, and found out what division that the person in particular was in. Read up some more and found that its like an open invite to challengers. Decided I wanted to compete.

Found the sign up area. Read up some more. Signed up, completely (email verification , and I already had a CPUID ID. Updated my CPUID program. Took some screen shots,ran the program, saved the web verification link (just in case). Took some pics of my rig to show its OEM cooled.

And this is where any brain I thought, I eevr had, told me I was lying to myself. :(

I do not, at all, get the darn verification process. I filled out that never ending form. Adding what was needed here and there and here again. To have it just error. Every &^$%*( time!... I have my CPUID link still, if its still good. But no matter I can just redo it. But I do not know what it is Im doing wrong.

So let me re-state my interest. I want to simply try to out clock someone with a specific cpu. So the Frequency competition is what Im interested in. How do I properly submit my entry?

Thanks again.

Too frustrated.

ORCINUS

A screenshot of what exactly you're tryin to do will help us.

Are you trying to simply submit a score or did you entered an user-started challenge?

I was trying to submit my CPU freq. score done with CPUID. and I will post up some screens.

below is the text from the error:

Oops. Something went wrong.

We could blame this on you but it's most likely our crappy coding skills. You could try again or nudge our developpers for fixing this.

Details:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Application id is required.

Stack trace:

org.hwbot.web.actions.SubmitController.loadApplicationAndContest(SubmitController.java:332)

org.hwbot.web.actions.SubmitController.submit(SubmitController.java:228)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1213.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176)

org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:436)

org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:424)

org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)

org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:669)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:585)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:646)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenUrl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:195)

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:159)

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:141)

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:90)

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:417)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

org.hwbot.web.filter.CookieFilter.doFilter(CookieFilter.java:188)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

org.hwbot.web.filter.MobileFilter.doFilterInternal(MobileFilter.java:46)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestFilterValve.process(RequestFilterValve.java:276)

org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve.invoke(RemoteAddrValve.java:81)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)

org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)

org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:776)

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:705)

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:898)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

That's a stupid error, I would ignore it and change the way you are trying to submit.

For CPU frequency submissions, these are the only fields you have to fill out:

Benchmark score (frequency)

Processor (begin typing your CPU model, it will drop down a list, click on your exact processor model)

Compare URL (This is where you past in the valid.canardpc.com URL for your validated result)

You also have to post a picture of your rig since you are on air cooling, which you do within the "pictures of your system" box near the bottom.

If you just fill out those fields, it should accept your submission and not give you an error. All other fields are optional, and filling out one of them is probably causing the stupid error.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

-Timings FIELD is wrong. Dont use '' : '' or '' ( ''.

-Also use 4096 instead of 4GB. Only digits w/o measure units.

-Rating FIELD is an integer, not '' DDR2 ''. As in 6400/8500 etc.

okay thank you very much, like I said, Im a noob here and to the forums community. So I have a lot to learn. I will give that a try. Thank you very much.

Did you see my reply above? You are filling out a lot of fields which are not required, which make submitting harder at first to get right:

That's a stupid error, I would ignore it and change the way you are trying to submit.

For CPU frequency submissions, these are the only fields you have to fill out:

Benchmark score (frequency)

Processor (begin typing your CPU model, it will drop down a list, click on your exact processor model)

Compare URL (This is where you past in the valid.canardpc.com URL for your validated result)

You also have to post a picture of your rig since you are on air cooling, which you do within the "pictures of your system" box near the bottom.

If you just fill out those fields, it should accept your submission and not give you an error. All other fields are optional, and filling out one of them is probably causing the stupid error.

Fill out only the required fields. Then if the submission is accepted, you'll be taken to the result page - you can edit from the top right, and fill in additional field like ram settings, motherboard, or whatever else you want to do. You can edit and fill them in one by one, to see which ones are giving you problems... This way you aren't trying to fill out 150 fields at a time.