HWBOT Community Forums

RIBEIROCROSS - Sempron 2200+ (Athlon XP) @ 2426MHz - 2426 mhz CPU-Z

Mr.Scott

• Crew
If you're trying to tell me you bridge modded that, I'm calling BS. Bridge and pin mods other than the L12 mod don't work on a NF2 motherboard. This is a documented fact.

Agree. The Semprons have a loked multi (like the CPUs after 39th week). And yes, the Sempron in no way is being detected as AthlonXP, it has some differs so the soft can check this out.

• Crew

Yep, it's the pre-39th week CPU. I've got some of these. No need to mod - their multi is free and can be easily changed. But some are locked (after 39-th week) and there is no way to change the multi on NF2 (you are free to read some smart articles about why this is so).

The interesting part is that all Semprons have a locked multi so it can't be changed on NF2.

This is the main but not the only evidence. There are more :)

• Crew

Hi!

Those microprocessors with the electrical parts exposed, as the S462, can be modded and it works on every chipset, including NForce ones, which is well-known for not accepting any mods.

Most overclockers just do them by changing BIOS configs, and they don’t know about other stuff, that’s why there are many questions.

Example:

I own a Applebred Duron (week 0442), which was unlocked by modifying those electrical exposed parts. I’m using it on my Abit NForce 2 MoBo, and that goes against the widely accepted theory about those chipsets. By going against many disbelievers, skeptical people and before y’all calling me a troll, here’s a video about it.

There’s no UNLOCKED Applebred Duron. Still true?

About two weeks ago I’ve killed Sempron on extreme overclock, and it was also modded and working on this MoBo. thereupon I didn’t register those results on HWBOT.

Since I’m from Brazil, and do not speak english (my friend Aladdin is helping me writing this), I can’t help to discuss it the way I would like to do, but please go on with the thread...

Best regards, take care!

• Crew

You didn't unlock anything - your Duron was unlocked at the beginning, the only thing you may have to do was the L1. And that is not an unlocking - you just don't understand how the multi is being set. I've read quite a stack of articles and written my own showing a bunch of myths on this.

P.S. looked the video - yes, it shows an absolutely normal situation on how the unlocked CPU will work. The locked ones won't do this. You say that you can unlock the locked ones and change multi on NF2 - can we see the same video but with Sempron?

Scotty, do you have any ideas how to make the category at least a bit more cheat-proof? You are welcome to PM me. We can afterwards send recommendations to mods ;)

Edited by Antinomy

If you're trying to tell me you bridge modded that, I'm calling BS. Bridge and pin mods other than the L12 mod don't work on a NF2 motherboard. This is a documented fact.

The mouse was eaten by the cat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha publicity strategies. come on

Example:

PiFast Móbile Duron 1000.

Hmmm 92.03s time very high.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1198992 (64.85% Rock Solid OC)

I own a Applebred Duron (week 0442), which was unlocked by modifying those electrical exposed parts. I’m using it on my Abit NForce 2 MoBo, and that goes against the widely accepted theory about those chipsets. By going against many disbelievers, skeptical people and before y’all calling me a troll, here’s a video about it.

There’s no UNLOCKED Applebred Duron. Still true?

Proves nothing.

I have a 1600 Duron with a fully unlocked multi dated 0404, so I know already that a few of these exist.

Show me 13.5x on a Sempron on a NF2 board. Not possible, period.

I'm calling a spade a spade, and ALL of your submissions shoud be scrutinized for possible fraudulent activity.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Proves nothing.

I have a 1600 Duron with a fully unlocked multi dated 0404, so I know already that a few of these exist.

Show me 13.5x on a Sempron on a NF2 board. Not possible, period.

I burned my Sempron! have warned you. Post Nº9. I have no other now. so I get another, i modded you look ranking.

other evidence. Modding bridge, fact.

modding 22x (default) link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1203686

modding 20x (default) video youtube:

Now you still still deny the simple truth? then do the same as mine.(BS)

There is nothing else to prove the you.

I'm calling a spade a spade, and ALL of your submissions shoud be scrutinized for possible fraudulent activity.

You are by out, not even come that it doesn’t have! respect i HWBOT

I belive that imagination is stronger than the hardware knowledge!

Subject closed

Edited by ribeirocross

• Crew

Stop showing us a Duron :) we all know that Duron have (and maybe all of them) a free multiplier so changing it is a piece of cake. You can show no validations and videos on them. The Semprons is far more interesting. So I agree about closing the subject until you show us the same thing but with Sempron. Is that clearly written? Not Duron, Athlon, AthlonXP - the Sempron is the subject of interest.

If you manage to show us validation and a video, you can make a photo of the modification to show us noobs some street magic :D

• 3 years later...